•18: Dream. Blow off steam.

➖Afreen➖

ABUJA,NIGERIA

Being a doctor had always been a childhood dream for me, treating patients, saving lives was all I imagined myself doing as a doctor.

But in reality house job is"emotionally frustrating, physically draining, and mentally exhausting.

Yh that's how it is!

There are days when you see patients who don't have enough funds to pay their hospital bills or even do some routine investigations there are days when you feel very tired and exhausted "man house job underrated "sometimes the little you get all you want to do with it is to rest and sleep,there are times when you don't even get to feed your hungry stomach because of work, there are times when you wish you didn't study medicine, there are times when you feel like dropping all your frustrations on your patients or even worse your family.

Most of all it's the nurses or patients that will frustrate you.

As house-officers all we are expected to do is work-work-work with no rest,heck especially those consultants they feel they are our superiors especially during ward rounds we follow them at their back like village rats.

As funny as it sounds that's how it is!

Since I started this housemanship I can't remember the last time I sat down and watched tv or had a conversation with my family heck every time I come back all I do is sleep.

Like there was a day a police brought his daughter to the hospital for emergency, and that man was shouting at me that I should go and attend to his daughter as funny as that sounded that man had forgotten that he was not in the STATION but in the hospital and at that moment am the leader the superior because that's my office and I was the one to order not the other way round he was at my mercy at that period.

"Dr Afreen" I heard my name being called from a short distance,it was nurse Grace.

Doctor the patient has regained consciousness,she happily conveyed the message to me.

Alhamdulilah!

The patient was transferred from a psychiatric hospital near Abuja to our hospital after being kidnapped he was being shot and beaten which led him into going into a hemorrhagic stroke which took him one and a half month to recover subhanallah.

****

After rounding off my work for the day, I made my way out to the accident and emergency ward to check up on that lady whose name I came to know of as sabeeha I pray she has been recovering quite pretty well.

I knocked on the door and I was given permission to come in,I said my salam before coming in.

Afreen dear how are you and your work. Fine Ma I answered back smiling.