Chapter 23

{DISCLAIMER: I Don't Own Naruto.}

~Talking~

~Thinking~

~Summons/ Tailed Beasts~

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

~Konohagakure village gates-
~Two days later~

Naruto walked towards the village with a huge smile after a successful morning of training and finishing the work on his latest seal.

He had been keeping it secret from everyone including Temari who thankfully had left yesterday so she wouldn't see anything. Thought at the same time he was upset see wouldn't be able to see it until a later time.

As he arrived he saw team 8, Kakashi, Sakura, and Yamato waiting at the gate all conversating amongst themselves.

"Am I late?" Naruto asked seeing all them there just staring blankly at him.

"Could've just said yes..." he mumbled.

Getting serious Kakashi took charge.

"Alright, listen closely. Starting now, our main objective is to find Itachi and take him into custody. The akatsuki is rounding up tailed beasts and we believe that they already have the three tails. According to the intel gathered by Jiraiya-sama, it's possible that they've infiltrated the land of fire and are looking for Naruto. Remember, Itachi is originally from the hidden leaf village, three years ago he came searching for Naruto." Kakashi said hearing team eight (from Hinata) gasp.

"He's probably headed back to the leaf village as we speak." Shino finally spoke up after have been listening to the situation.

"Sasuke is probably close by too, following Itachi." Sakura said

"If Sasuke is close then I'll be more than ready." Naruto said

"We better just take it one step at a time for now guys." Yamato reminded the two original members of team seven.

"Here's the search protocol. We'll use this as our center point and search a five kilometer radius in all directions. If we don't find anything, we'll move the center point and search the next 5 kilometer radius. We'll keep repeating this strategy until it works." Kakashi said

"5 kilometers? If we spread out that much we won't be able to use our wireless com units and if we all split up like that it could be very dangerous. Rules dictate a minimum of two man squads for patrols so if an enemy..."

"Sakura try not to be so worried." Yamato said

"Look." Kakashi without another word summoned his ninja hounds.

"Our voices are able to reach farther than any com unit. Also our noses can detect danger. We'll protect you." Pakkun said

"Alright. Let me explain the team rosters for our patrol. To be safe, I'm assigning two ninja hounds to each team member." Kakashi said

"No need Kakashi-sensei." Naruto put his fingers to his mouth whistling a bird call until his companion came out.

"This is Taeko, he'll help me during this mission." Everyone stared in awe at the big black fox who the summon dogs began to growl at.

"Settle down! I apologize, they are bit use to new scents of animals that are not their own yet." Pakkun apologized sincerely to the fox who just nodded his head understanding.

"Right. Well, since you're a jinchuriki and a target. To protect you from a potential akatsuki attack, you'll be escorted by Yamato and Hinata." Kakashi said to which Naruto nodded at the two people mentioned.