Chapter 38

{DISCLAIMER: I Don't Own Naruto!}

~Talking~

~Thoughts~

~Summons/ Tailed Beasts~

⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶⇶

~ UZUMAKI CUZZO TIME!!!~
~A little filler on what happens after Karin comes to Konoha, her and Naruto get a little family moment getting to know each other.~

Karin was not a happy camper. True, she wasn't out in the wilderness, or actually camping in the first place, quite the opposite, but the fact remained nonetheless that she was one very upset young woman.

Why was she unhappy? The answer to that is very simple: she was currently a prisoner of Konohagakure's Torture and Interrogation Department.

Morino Ibiki hadn't been easy on her, but Karin herself was a tough cookie to crack—she had lived under Orochimaru for years, after all, so she was not new to torture. But she found herself being slowly ground down.

If Suigetsu or Juugo or Sasuke were trapped with her, she probably would've been able to hold herself together longer, but alas, she was the only one missing from Taka. Not them.

Just. Her. Alone again.

What was worse was that none of the boys had made any effort to snatch her away from the Konoha squad that abducted her. Juugo had looked startled enough, but Suigetsu had only grinned while Sasuke sneered and basically left her for dead!

The redheaded young woman bowed her head, her messy hair covering her face. 'What happened to you, Sasuke-kun?' She wondered in self-pity.

'When did you start thinking me useless? When did I become useless to you?' She ground her teeth together, pulling fruitlessly at the chakra-suppressing chains binding her to the wall.

Her legs burned. She let out a furious, heart-broken howl. "You stubborn, self-absorbed, goddamn bastard! There's no way I'm useless! How many times did I save you from the brink of death? You'd be dead ten times over if not for me! How can you just toss me away like trash?!"

Her voice and body gave out and she sagged, head low as tears fell to the floor. She had really thought someone had finally and actually had loved her.

The hinges of the door to her cell creaked and she hurriedly wiped her cheeks on her biceps—no way she was going to let anybody see her cry.

"Talking to yourself, are you? That's good...means I'm getting some progress." Ibiki said jovially. Despite his clunkering boots, he glided into the room as silently as a phantom.

Karin bared her teeth at him, but found the angry expression fade just a tad when she saw the person behind him. "You! What are you doing here?" She narrowed her blood shot crimson eyes.

"You're here to try and get me to talk about Sasuke-kun too, eh?"

The blonde teen shook his head. "If Ibiki can't get you to talk about him, like hell I'll be able to annoy anything out of you!" His blue eyes were piercing. "I really just wanna talk."

"'Talk?'" she echoed before sneering. "Talk to this!" She snorted and spat at him.

Unfortunately for her, Ibiki threw his hand out and caught the glob of saliva before it could touch the blonde-haired teen. Karin felt the blood drain from her face as he tutted in disapproval.

"Oh, Karin, Karin, you should know better than to do something that vulgar by now." He said silkily, wiping the spit on her face.

She writhed about in an attempt to avoid him, but she knew it was hopeless. Her cheeks reddened with humiliation but still hung her head up high regardless, her Uzumaki stubbornness not letting her back down.