Chapter 4

{DISCLAIMER: I Don't Own Naruto!}

~Talking~

~Thoughts~

~Summons/Tailed Beasts~

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

-Day of finals-
~Inside battle arena~

There they stood in the arena for a second time. But this time no creepy snake pedophile and his goons aiming to kill the Hokage. Naruto happily sighed to himself. He was going to get the promotion he deserved for so long. But those damned civilian council and village elders.

Jiji had told him to particularly keep away from that one eyed man. His parents also gave him a warning to keep an eye out for any Anbu with a 'NE' symbol on the mask.

Shaking out of his thoughts Naruto looked at the other competitors. He was supposed to be fighting some genin shinobi from Kiri named Shimesu Hoshigaki.

'He kinda reminds of that Kisame guy with those teeth and gills. Guess it's a trait of all the clan members ' Naruto thought suddenly.

Shimesu had long brown hair, dark eyes with pointed teeth and gills under his eyes. The most interesting thing about him was the blade that he carried. It was the Nuibari one of the Legendary seven swords from Kiri.

'Going to have to take my fight seriously no time for clowning.' He thought. He then looked up to the crowd and saw his girlfriend who rolled her eyes at him with a small smile in place.

The proctor for the last part of the exams was a guy named Raido Namiashi, one of the Hokage's body guard.

"Look alive kids, you are representing your Countries and kages, I advise you not to let them down." Said Raido.

The matches then went accordingly:

Tenten vs. Fujimoto Hitoshi of Konoha
Winner: Tenten

Sakura Haruno vs. Okane Aimi of Sand
Winner: Draw

Kashin Hyuuga vs. Koji of Iwa
Winner: Kashin Hyuuga

Last but not least Naruto Uzumaki vs. Shimesu Hoshigaki.

This was the moment Naruto had been waiting for. He could finally show how much he had grown under the tutelage of his parents and Kurama.

As Naruto did a wind shunshin to the middle of the arena the shark face just scoffed at him.

"Is this all that Konoha genin have to offer? I was expecting a bit more but I guess I was wrong to take an interest in weaklings like Konoha." Naruto slightly raised an eyebrow at the boy looking at him with cold blue eyes that could stop even a kage.

"You sure do have a lot of talk on you for someone who doesn't even know what I am capable of." To which Shimesu just scowled at him.

Raido then coughed to get both of their attention.

"HAJIME!!" Shouted Raido and then the match began.

They both didn't move for a moment they just stared at each other. That is until Shimesu just looked at Naruto with a cocky smirk and had his hands on the Rabbit seal.

"Lightning Style: Emotion Wave!!" Simultaneous water and lightning were coming straight towards Naruto.

Naruto then threw his Hiraishin inscribed kunai straight towards Shimesu to which he just smirked thinking he could just dodge it with ease.

What Shimesu wasn't expecting was for Naruto to teleport along with the kunai and come at him.

"Wind Release:Whirlwind Fist!" That sent Shimesu flying back into the wall sending smoke clouds into the air.