Signs

Shawnie's POV

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to do that?" We walk into the dressing room and I close the door. "I don't like surprises like that."

"I didn't know what your thought process was but I didn't want to say anything because I didn't know I was going to do it. It wasn't until I was in the moment that I decided to say it because I am so tired of him threatening me with things. He's threatening to take my daughter for me. I can't have that."

"Mami, I understand that and I support you in regards to what decision you make. You didn't have to keep that from me. I would've still held your hand, as I did. Don't keep things from me again, trust me, you can't do anything wrong and I'm always going to clean up your mess, if you make one. You don't ever have to worry about anything."

"Thank you baby." I say

We gather our things, and we head outside to go to our awaiting suv. When we stepped out of the building, paparazzi flooded us. Aubrey grabbed my hand and guided me to the suv. Aubrey's security were literally pushing them away from us and they had to make a path for us to get into the truck. They were nowhere to be found this morning, this is crazy.

Once we're in and the door closed, we headed to the hotel. I've never dealt with this being this crazy before, I was a little scared.

"Are you okay?" He asks

"Yeah, but what the hell!" I say fixing my hair. "Do you think this is because of the interview?"

"Nah." He says.

"This is crazy. I've never had them be this way towards me before." I say

"Just relax. You're okay now." He says rubbing my leg. "Don't worry about it....Oh," He goes into his vest pocket and pulls out a black box. "We're a little backwards but..." He opens the box and takes out the ring. I hold my hand out and he puts it on my finger.

Oh my god, he bought my ring!!! It's so beautiful.

"Now that this is over, I don't care how many rumors go around, you wear my shit." We both laugh. "We don't have to confirm anything until you're ready but keep my ring on."

"I will." I say, admiring it on my hand. "I love it."

I watch as he puts his ring on his finger, then he rests it on his leg. "Let's just go to the hotel, and relax." He lays his head back on the headrest and closes his eyes.

"I added something on the album for you." He says, eyes still closed.

"Really? What?"

"A little something. You can't hear it until it's released." He says

"I have to hear it with everyone else?"

"Yes. You know how I am. You have to wait baby."

"Okay." I say, then we fall silent.

I was just sitting there thinking, and I think I'm ready to go now. Fuck staying here and waiting for this shit to blowup. I'm not about to stick around for this shit storm.

I break the silence.

"You know what babe, let's go get Gen and just go home." I looked over at him and intertwined my fingers with his.

His head snaps in my direction, "The 6?" He asks

"Yeah, there's no reason to stay here. Let's post this shit and leave."

"Aight," He says, "I'm down. So you just gon fuck shit up left and right..... Just throw the match on the gasoline, huh?"

".... That's what happens when I get fucked over. My ex should know that."