Chicago Freestyle

Shawnie's POV

After the video shoot, Chris flew straight home to me. He said overall it was a good shoot, no drama or anything. I was so relieved to hear that, because I know Chris would hurt him badly, and he would've done it happily.

I was so surprised when he came home early and celebrated my birthday with me. I can't believe he got me so much stuff. He got me like 10 handbags, 20 pairs of shoes, all of these different designer dresses and outfits, and I can't even begin to comprehend all of the jewelry he got me. Chris knows I'm not about the material stuff but I feel like he did things the way he knew how, and as bad as it sounds that's his way of showing appreciation is buying things for people, and I understand that. Him doing what he did yesterday, was special because I know what he means when he does it. From the beginning of our relationship all he ever wanted to do was buy me things and I would never let him, so I think that with me being okay with it, says a lot in his eyes.

Honestly, I really feel that Chris is looking at things differently. Our relationship has been 100 times better within his last few weeks, and although it's shadowed by a lot of shit that's going on, it's still so good. I swear I know what everyone else is thinking, but I'm just seeing passed all of the negative surrounding us. Chris has done a lot of bad, and I know sometimes I need to understand the things that he's been through, or the things that he's been exposed to, has a lot to do with the way he thinks and acts. I need to keep that in the back of my head because I know I freak out sometimes, but I never consider how he's feeling, or why he did something.

So now today, the next day, we wake up and there's a new song Aubrey has put out. I haven't heard it yet. I don't know, and I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but many people have. The blogs and fans are going crazy about this new release, "Chicago Freestyle". Supposedly, this song is about me. I don't think Aubrey would release something like that without telling me, and especially not the day after my birthday. Henry and I came to an agreement, but with everything that's being said, I'm starting to get the feeling that I need to hear this.

I grabbed my phone off of Chris's nightstand, and pulled up YouTube. He released it in video form, so I have to pull up the video. As soon as I found the video, "When To Say When & Chicago Freestyle" Chris came through the door like a fucking earthquake. No literally, the room shook.

"YOU HEARD THAT SHIT? THAT NIGGA WANNA DIE." Chris throws his phone on the floor. He was beyond pissed. "HE WAITED...THAT MOTHERFUCKER WAITED UNTIL THE VERY NEXT DAY TO DO THIS SHIT!!! THAT MOTHERFUCKER WANTS TO DIE!!!"

"Babe....Stop!" I say shocked. He's so mad right now, I can't even process it yet.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN STOP?" He yells

"What's going on?" I ask calmly.

"THAT MOTHERFUCKING SONG" he yells, gritting his teeth.

"Oh, I haven't heard it yet. Babe, calm down." I reach out my hand to him, hoping he'll take it and sit down with me, but he didn't. He just looked at it and kept talking. Shit! That didn't work. Is it really that bad? Now Chris is acting crazy over it?

"What the fuck is he talking about?" He asks, breathing heavily, but in a somewhat calmer tone. Maybe it did work.

"Baby, I don't know I was just about to listen to it now. I just read some of the things everyone was saying."

"Listen to it now." He sits on the bed, and waits for me to watch it.

"Oh..okay." I say a little nervous. Shit, he's pissed as hell. I don't know what is going on but let me watch this to see what everyone is buzzing about.