Chapter 12 • Truth

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-GEORGE's POV-
My breathing hitched as my chest felt tingly.

GEORGE:
Then why did dad tell me she was??

Y/N:
He what??
Are u serious? 0_0

GEORGE:
Yes
Call me

Dream nudged me a little.

DREAM:
"Are you okay?" He whispered.

GEORGE:
"I'll be back in a minute—" I quickly got up from the booth and jogged to the bathroom.

Once I entered, I looked around. I was alone. My sister called me; I answered immediately.

GEORGE:
"Hello?"

Y/N:
"Were you being serious in that text??"

GEORGE:
"Yes—he called me a month ago and said that she died in a car accident."

Y/N:
"What the fuck...?" She said quietly, "You're freaking me out."

GEORGE:
"You're freaking me out! Why would he lie??"

Y/N:
"Your guess is as good as mine. There's no way in hell I'm gonna leave this unresolved now. Telling your child that their mum died when they didn't??"

GEORGE:
"What if they do something to you if you ask them??" I raised my voice nervously.

Y/N:
"George, don't worry. They wouldn't hurt me."

GEORGE:
"Well clearly we don't know what they're capable of since Dad told me that she died when she didn't. I don't understand...was that all just a plan to get me back to England...?" I snapped.

Y/N:
"Fuck...I don't know. This is freaking me out. I'm so sorry they did that George."

I sighed nervously while leaning against the sink.

GEORGE:
"Look just..." I looked up in the mirror to see Dream behind me, "Look...I gotta go. Just don't do anything stupid, okay?"

Y/N:
"Okay."

I quickly hung up and set my phone down on the sink. I turned around to face Dream.

DREAM:
"What's going on?" He walked to me and laid his hands on my waist.

I couldn't stop the tears from forming in my eyes.

GEORGE:
"My sister just told me that my mum is alive..."

His eyes widened.

GEORGE:
"How the fuck could they do that to me...?" I asked quietly.

He hugged me tightly while holding the back of my head with one hand.

DREAM:
"I'm so sorry..." he whispered.

GEORGE:
"I...I almost jumped off of a building because of them..." my voice cracked, "T—they made me feel so guilty and now it all turns out to be a lie—"

He pulled away and held my cheeks, wiping my tears with a frown.

GEORGE:
"It was all just a plan to get me back in England..." I shook my head while my lip quivered, "How could they do that to me...?"