Chapter 45 • Triggers

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-GEORGE's POV-
After Dream recovered fully at the hospital, Sapnap drove the three of us home. Once we arrived, the two of us helped Dream into the house and into his bed.

DREAM:
"I'm fine guys, really." He smiled.

GEORGE:
"We don't care." I smiled back while crossing my arms.

SAPNAP:
"Are you hungry or thirsty? Cause I could go for some pizza right now."

GEORGE:
"Me too."

DREAM:
"Large pizza." He smiled with a nod.

GEORGE:
"On it." I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and headed into the living room.

-DREAM's POV-
Even though I was a little sore, I didn't like them babying me. But I knew it'd make them feel better, especially George.

Once George went into the living room to order the pizza, Sapnap looked down at the comforter with a frown. My eyebrows squished together.

DREAM:
"What's wrong?"

He swallowed hard while keeping his gaze.

DREAM:
"Sap?"

He clenched his jaw while messing with his fingers. A few moments later, George came back into the room.

GEORGE:
"It'll be here in 30 minutes." He said, climbing into bed next to me.

DREAM:
"Nick." I said firmly.

George's eyebrows squished together while looking at Sapnap.

SAPNAP:
"I'm sorry...to both of you..." he spoke lowly.

DREAM:
"What? What're you sorry for?"

Sapnap met our eyes as they had tears in them. He frowned while scrunching his nose. Both of our eyes widened.

SAPNAP:
"You both got hurt because of me...you two almost lost each other thanks to me—"

DREAM:
"What? No—"

SAPNAP:
"If I just—" he sighed, "If I just stayed home with you two instead of being a baby, then I wouldn't have met Olivia."

All of us frowned. I exchanged a nervous glance with George.

SAPNAP:
"George wouldn't have lost his memory and Clay, you never would have gotten shot." His voice trembled as his tears collapsed on the comforter.

GEORGE:
"It's not your fault..."

DREAM:
"He's right—we don't blame you man, so you shouldn't blame yourself."

SAPNAP:
"I can break up with Olivia if you guys need me to, if—if it'll remind you of Hunter—"

DREAM:
"Nick—" I raised my voice.

Their eyes widened at me.

DREAM:
"I couldn't give a fuck if Olivia is in our lives. If she makes you happy, don't break up with her. Especially not again—stop putting us first. Do what makes you happy."

GEORGE:
"He's right. Don't let us influence your decisions."

SAPNAP:
"George..." he looked up at him with his tear filled eyes, "Hunter made you lose your memory of Dream...he almost killed him—you told me about your nightmare..."

George clenched his jaw as his eyes dropped to his lap.

SAPNAP:
"Do you seriously want to have a constant reminder of him every time you look at Olivia??"