Chapter 57 • Secret

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-DREAM's POV-
George wrote the forgiveness letter to Hunter.

He visited Hunter without telling me.

He lied to me.

After reading the full letter, I clenched my jaw tightly as my nose scrunched. My eyes shot up to George fast asleep. I swallowed hard then left the room quietly, shutting the door behind me as I kept the letter in my hands.

I stayed seated on the couch for 10 minutes, re-reading the letter, trying to figure out what was going through George's mind and why he lied to me.

Bad came downstairs then sighed in relief when he saw me.

BAD:
"This is exactly why I don't drink." He raised his eyebrows then sat down next to me.

DREAM:
"George lied to me." I blurted out.

BAD:
"What?" His eyebrows squished together as his head shot to me.

DREAM:
"He visited Hunter and he wrote him a forgiveness letter like his therapist told him to." I handed him the letter.

He read it from top to bottom, his eyes widening throughout it. I shut my eyes with a sigh, leaning my head against the wall.

BAD:
"Wow." He set the paper down on his lap.

DREAM:
"Why would he visit him?? He hates him."

BAD:
"I don't know." He shrugged.

DREAM:
"I asked him if he wrote the letter and he said no. And then he didn't even tell me he was visiting Hunter..."

BAD:
"I'm sorry, Dream." He frowned, "I'm sure George had a good reason for keeping it a secret."

I sighed nervously.

DREAM:
"His hangover self won't be able to go to therapy tomorrow. I can talk to him about the letter then."

We left it at that then he headed upstairs while I headed into my room. I opened the door slowly to still see George asleep in the position I left him. I sighed nervously and shut the door then climbed in bed next to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist as I kissed the back of his head.

After some thinking, I fell asleep.

-GEORGE's POV-
I woke up with a major headache as the rest of my body felt like shit. I groaned awake while rubbing my eye, being blinded by the light from the sheer curtains. The light slowly faded darker. I looked up to see Dream standing over me.

DREAM:
"Morning." He said with an emotionless expression.

I sighed then rolled over to my side.

GEORGE:
"What time is it?"

DREAM:
"11."

My eyes widened. I slowly sat up.

GEORGE:
"My session—"

DREAM:
"I cancelled it."

GEORGE:
"Why didn't you wake me up?"

DREAM:
"Since when do you like going now? It's not like you wrote your forgiveness letter to yourself...but you did write it to someone." He raised his eyebrows.

My eyes widened more. I gulped nervously.

GEORGE:
"What're you talking about...?"

He took a piece of paper out of his pocket and threw it to my lap. I picked it up and saw it was my letter to Hunter. I sighed nervously as I looked down at it.