Chapter 7 • Worry

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

- GEORGE's POV-
Once his cries calmed down, we stayed seated on the floor, leaning against his bed. He kept his eyes focused on his lap. I finally looked at him and saw his eyes were puffy.

GEORGE:
"What do you need from me right now?" I asked quietly.

DREAM:
"Nothing..." he spoke low with a sigh.

I gulped nervously.

GEORGE:
"You and I don't keep grudges for long...I don't like seeing you cry, okay? Can you please just give me a hint of what I did so we can fix this?"

He stayed still, deep in thought. After a moment of silence, my expression dropped as I spoke again.

GEORGE:
"You don't wanna fix this...do you...? That's why you've been neglecting me for months...and why you didn't want me to come..." My eyes fell to my lap as my jaw clenched, "I don't understand. What could I have done that you don't want me in your life anymore...??"

DREAM:
"I want you in my life, George..." he sighed while pinching the bridge of his nose through his mask, "You remember when I tried beating the record on stream and...I kept saying how I wasn't good enough...?" He spoke lowly.

I nodded.

DREAM:
"I'm not good enough for anything or anyone, George..." he shook his head as the tears formed in his eyes again.

GEORGE:
"What're you talking about? You are good enough, Dream."

DREAM:
"No I'm not...I'm a screw up, okay? I screwed everything up like always..." he mumbled.

GEORGE:
"I thought I was the one who screwed up?"

He sighed.

DREAM:
"I don't want you dealing with me George...I just want things to go back to normal...where you were in England and I could hide everything..." he mumbled as his tears fell.

GEORGE:
"You don't get it...that's exactly why I came here, Dream...you've been neglecting me for months and, I knew something happened...and you clearly don't feel safe enough to talk to me about it...so just talk to someone about it, okay? I want you to be okay..." I looked him in his eyes with a frown, "I want us to be okay..."

DREAM:
"Don't worry about me..." he shook his head while looking away.

We were silent for a few moments until I looked down in my lap.

GEORGE:
"Look...I'm only gonna say this once but...no matter how much we joke around...my life has become a lot better with you in it...I've laughed more, you helped me grow my channel...and you've become my best friend...I don't want you to push me away...because I'm with you till the end of the line." I looked back to his eyes.

Even though he was wearing a mask, I could tell by his eyes that he was shocked by my statement. I couldn't help but laugh.

GEORGE:
"Don't look so surprised."

DREAM:
"I—I'm not." He lied while looking away.

GEORGE:
"I'm serious, you know? I was a call away and now I'm just a room away...I missed you back in England, Dream..."

-DREAM's POV-
I sighed while clenching my jaw.

DREAM:
"I missed you too...look, if you truly wanna know what's going on...I'll tell you."

His eyebrows rose in amusement.

DREAM:
"But not yet."

His eyebrows dropped as he frowned.