Chapter 74 • Quiz

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-GEORGE's POV-
I woke up feeling warm and content. Then, I realized why. Dream was laying his head on my chest as he held onto my waist tightly. He let out small snores.

I instantly smiled at him as I ran my hand through his hair lightly. In response, he lightly smiled, mumbling something incoherent in his deep sleep.

I sighed as I frowned at him, swallowing hard.

GEORGE:
"I still love you..." I whispered.

He didn't respond from his deep sleep. My stomach growled, making an idea pop into my head.

I slowly managed to get out of his grasp to go into the kitchen.

-DREAM's POV-
My eyes slowly opened as I shifted, moving my hands around in the bed to find George when there was no one there.

My eyebrows squished together with a frown.

"Was all that a dream?" I thought.

Suddenly, George walked in the room with two plates of eggs with toast. He lightly smiled once he noticed I was awake.

GEORGE:
"About damn time you woke up."

I rolled my eyes with a smile, sitting up. He set the plate down across from me.

DREAM:
"You didn't have to cook me breakfast."

GEORGE:
"I wanted to..." he shyly smiled at me.

I nodded slowly as I raised my eyebrows.

GEORGE:
"By the way, why are your cabinets different? There's plates where the cups used to be and other stuff, it confused me."

I frowned slightly, looking down at my plate.

DREAM:
"I um...I stayed home most of the time...I got bored so I organized things, the cabinets included...it made me have a sense of control I guess..." I mumbled.

George sighed then he looked up to meet my eyes.

GEORGE:
"I can leave if you want me to..."

I swallowed hard at my eggs.

GEORGE:
"Do you actually hate me...?" He spoke quietly.

DREAM:
"No...I could never hate you, George."

He lightly smiled at me, looking like some weight on his shoulders faded away.

DREAM:
"So..." I started to mess around with my eggs, "Does Sapnap know you're here?"

He shook his head.

GEORGE:
"I wanted you to be the first one to see me..." he looked away from me, "I wanted you to be my first for everything..."

I sighed.

GEORGE:
"But you still haven't taught me to drive yet which is dumb." He smiled at me.

DREAM:
"Okay well," I smiled back, "You haven't brought it up and we've been busy."

GEORGE:
"You should teach me. I'm ready to learn now."

DREAM:
"Okay...we can do that if you stay long enough." I blurted out by accident.

He frowned, sighing at his plate.

GEORGE:
"Do you see a future with me anymore...?" His voice was weak.

I clenched my jaw as I swallowed hard.

DREAM:
"Can we not talk about this?"

-GEORGE's POV-
I nodded slowly as slight tears formed in the corners of my eyes.