Chapter 56 • POV

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-GEORGE's POV-
While Dream, Bad and I were hanging out for the rest of the day, I let them know Sapnap was safe at Olivia's house but I never told them why considering the fact that I'm the only one who knew he wanted to break up with Olivia.

During our time hanging out, Hunter was on my mind the whole time. I told him that his parents would be ashamed in him for everything he's done and rubbed in his face that they don't visit him.

I couldn't help but feel guilty over that when I knew I shouldn't. After everything he's done to us, he didn't deserve my sympathy. But, the visit to him did make me realize something.

I really didn't know him at all.

He mentioned something about Dream being everything that was taken from him. Did he mean his parents or someone else?

Dream nudged me on the couch which got me out of my thoughts. My eyes shot up to him.

DREAM:
"Are you okay?"

GEORGE:
"Yeah..." I lied, "Just, thinking about the letter..."

He sighed nervously.

DREAM:
"Don't be upset at yourself that you can't write it."

GEORGE:
"I'm not...I'm just nervous about how the session is gonna go tomorrow..." I mumbled.

He kissed my head and held me closer to him.

DREAM:
"I'll be right by your side like always."

I lightly smiled up at him.

GEORGE:
"Thanks Dream."

He smiled at me then we continued watching the rest of the movie with Bad.

•••••

We woke up early next morning for the 3rd session. When Dream was in the shower, I looked down at the letter I wrote last night when he wasn't here. I added a few more of my thoughts down onto the paper just to get them out of my head.

I figured I should lie to Mae and Dream telling them I didn't write the letter. It felt like the easier option and that way, Dream wouldn't get mad at me for visiting Hunter.

I stuffed the letter in my hoodie pocket then went to the living room to wait for Dream.

Once he was out of the shower, he got dressed then we went on our way to Mae's office.

We pushed open the door, walked down the stairs then Dream rung the bell like usual. Mae came into the room a few moments later.

MAE:
"Clay, George, I'm glad you're here."

Dream smiled as he started to walk back.

MAE:
"Actually Clay, for this session, I'd like to speak to George alone."

My eyes widened at Dream as anxiety crept into my chest. He lightly smiled at me then held my hand.

DREAM:
"You'll be fine. I'll be right out here."

I sighed nervously with a nod. Mae and I left the room as my eyes didn't leave Dream.

We made it to her office then I sat down on the couch slowly, already missing Dream's presence. She sat down in her desk chair after shutting the door.

GEORGE:
"Why'd you want me alone this time?" I immediately asked.

MAE:
"Well, as much as it's relieving to have a safety net, it's much harder to let out your true feelings if you feel the need to shield them." She grabbed her clipboard.