Chapter 73 • Demons

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-DREAM's POV-
After we hugged each other for a minute, I split us apart, making him frown slightly.

DREAM:
"It's late...you're probably tired from the flight..."

He looked down at the carpet.

DREAM:
"I'll let you sleep..." I lightly smiled as I walked to my own room, shutting the door behind me.

-GEORGE's POV-
We still weren't okay. But, I never gave up on him in those 6 months. I still missed his cuddles, his smile, his laugh, and the way he used to look at me.

I sighed nervously, wiping my tears away as I walked to my own room next door. I shut the door, leaning against it.

It took a while to fall asleep. Knowing Dream was right next door hurt me, knowing he didn't want me in there.

-DREAM's POV-
All I wanted was George in here with me.

But, I couldn't put myself through this again. I was thankful he was here, but we weren't okay.

He left me for 6 months. Without him, I felt so lost, so incomplete. My thoughts were consumed by him and our memories together.

I visited the forest several times. It reminded me of how I was right back at square one. Escaping from my house to clear my mind about George. When that's the only thing I wanted to do right now.

After my non-stop thinking, I finally fell asleep at 3am, holding myself.

-GEORGE's POV-
I was walking through the forest that Dream and I always went to. My hands were in my pockets as I felt a breeze run through my hair.

Then I noticed Dream was standing against the nearest tree trunk. His arms were crossed as he was glaring at me. I froze when I saw him.

DREAM:
"I hate you."

My eyes widened with a frown. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my wrist tightly. I jerked my head to see Dream.

DREAM:
"You really think I still love you after you leaving me?" He raised an eyebrow.

Dream lowered his head to speak low in my ear.

DREAM:
"How could I love a murderer?"

My heart dropped as he pushed me forward, making me appear in his bathroom.

My hands were leaning on the counter as I looked up at the mirror. My eyes widened with a gasp as I saw Hunter instead of my reflection. He grinned as he grabbed my collar from the mirror, slamming my head into the glass.

•••••

I gasped awake as I shot up. I was covered in sweat as I was breathing heavily and fast. My hands began to shake as I was gripping the covers.

"I haven't dreamt of Hunter in months, what the fuck??" I thought as my breathing quickened, my chest tightening slightly.

I pushed the covers off as me then shakily stood up, swinging my door open.

My legs directed me to the kitchen to grab a glass of water to hopefully calm me down. I opened the cabinet where they usually are but there were plates there instead.

Panicking more, I opened other cabinets, desperately searching for a glass, making them slam by accident as the tears fell down my cheeks.

-DREAM's POV-
I woke up to the sound of a cabinet slamming. I jerked awake then looked at my phone to see the time.

4:37am.

My mind immediately went to George. Worring someone would hurt him, I pushed the covers off quickly and dashed out the door.