Chapter 77 • Why

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-GEORGE's POV-
That night, Dream and I slept in his room together for the first time in a long time. I felt safe being embraced in his warmth and love.

•••••

I was watching a movie with Dream. I don't remember what movie it was exactly but I knew it had to be a comedy since he was wheezing several times, making me giggle.

Suddenly, the power got shut off. I gasped as I clinged to his arm.

DREAM:
"Don't worry, it's probably just a fuse or something. I'll go fix the box."

I didn't feel his arm anymore as I heard the front door open then shut. I held myself anxiously as I started to hear the floorboards creaking. I swallowed hard.

GEORGE:
"Dream...?" I asked into the darkness but there was no reply, making my nerves skyrocket, "Dream don't mess with me..."

I heard floorboards creaking louder, the person coming closer to me. I quickly grabbed my phone off of the table, immediately turning on my flashlight so I could make sure everything was fine.

I shined my flashlight, scanning the room with it when I felt someone grab my throat. They slammed me down onto the couch cushion as I gasped. My flashlight flashed their face.

It was Hunter.

He smirked devilishly at me with widened eyes.

•••••

DREAM:
"George!" He yelled.

I gasped awake as I shot up.

DREAM:
"George—"

I stumbled out of bed as fast as I could while tripping, trying desperately to find the light switch to turn on the lights. Once I stood up, I found the switch then turned on the lights quickly as my breathing picked up fast.

DREAM:
"Hey, it's okay. It was just a nightmare—" he stood up and came to me, holding my arms.

GEORGE:
"I—I..." my voice trembled, "I—he—I thought—"

DREAM:
"Shhh, it's okay. I got you." He hugged me tightly.

My hands shook as I wrapped my arms around his waist, holding onto him desperately as my breathing got faster and heavier.

"I thought I was okay. I thought I was better. This is the second time I've dreamt of him since I've come back to Florida. Why the fuck am I dreaming of him still?? I thought I was fine—"

My thoughts got interrupted by Dream shaking my shoulders.

DREAM:
"George!" He yelled.

I realized I had tears falling down my cheeks.

DREAM:
"George...did you dream about...?" He stared with a worried look on his face.

GEORGE:
"I...I..." my voice cracked, "I thought...I..."

I shut my eyes as more tears collapsed to the floor. My lip quivered as I shook my head, running my hands through my hair.

Dream immediately hugged me tightly while holding my head.

DREAM:
"Baby, I got you. It's okay, nothings gonna hurt you in here..." he spoke softly even though his voice was strained with worry.

GEORGE:
"I—I..."

DREAM:
"Don't talk, baby. Just breathe, take deep breaths with me, okay?" He held my cheeks while looking in my eyes.

Dream took deep breaths with me and I mirrored them as my hands shook. After a few minutes of that, my breathing slightly returned to normal.