𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

<•><•><•><•>

"Irvine? What are you doing in my dorm?"

<•><•><•><•>

"You were there... weren't you?" Draco asked as we walked towards the Astronomy Tower. "Where?" I asked as he helped me up the stairs with his hand to hold for support.

"When my father was arrested?" He half asked half said and my grip tightened on his hand. "Yeah, well, after that— my life just turned upside down" He said as we sat on the floor looking at the sky.

"I... was pressured into being one" He said after a long pause. "I was trying... am trying to live up to my father's and my aunt's and You-Know-Who's expectations. Trying to clear my father's name. It's just... my mother's still there... with Him. I am fucking scared for her. And without thinking, at any point, I would give my life for her. No matter what I have to or had to do. And also, if I... if I didn't agree, there was a chance he was... he is going to kill me" My breath hitched as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I have a task" He looked at me. "What kind if task?" I know what it is but I can't really tell you how I know it. "To repair the cabinet you've been seeing me near, these past few months" He paused and looked at the sky, "And to kill Dumbledore" I gasped as he closed his eyes.

"It feels great to finally tell someone who's not Slytherin and who doesn't think that it's okay to do this" He said smiling just a little, "Of course it's not okay to do this, Draco" He looked at me sharply, "I mean, Malfoy" I said standing up.

"Does Parkinson or Theo know?" He nodded. "Malfoy, I... need time. If I give you the Liquid Luck... Merlin knows what going to happen here" I said as he didn't look up, or say anything.

I kneeled down next to him, "I would give it to you in a heartbeat if it wasn't for this, Draco" He closed his eyes as I pecked his cheek, which I shouldn't have!

"Good night, Malfoy" I said wiping his cheek as he sighed a little.

<•><•><•><•>

A week had passed and neither Draco nor Cedric were talking to me. Luna and Cho thought that Cedric and I had gotten in one of our normal fights, so they didn't ask many questions.

I was standing at the balcony of the Astronomy Tower, just thinking whether I should or should not help Draco. I know what conspires at Hogwarts and I know how it ends.

"I don't know what to do" I mumbled with my fingers rubbing my temples, "Maybe I can help" I heard Cedric's voice from behind me. "Maybe" I mumbled back as he walked towards me.

"Now we're talking?" I asked as he scoffed putting a hand on my shoulder. I rested my head on his shoulder, "Do you want to talk about what Malfoy said to you?" He asked as I looked at him.

"Well, he never told me not to tell anyone... or like keep it a secret. Plus, you already know— but you have to promise me you won't tell anyone" I said and he agreed quickly, so I knew he didn't actually have any intention to keep the promise.

"C&C Promise?" I asked pulling my pinky finger out. He groaned, looked at my pinky finger. "Does it have to be a C&C promise?" He asked as I chuckled.

"Yup, you know the rules of 'Cedric&Cordelia Promise'. You take it to the grave" I reminded as we reminisced all the C&C promises we made over the years. "Fine!" He intertwined his pinky finger with mine and we pecked each other's cheeks.

I told him why Draco had to become one, "He did it for his mother?" Cedric asked as his eyes filled with tears. I realised how much this sentiment would mean to Cedric since he lost his mother.

He wiped my tears, instead of his, "What does he have to do?" He asked and I shook my head, "I am not telling you that, Ced. You'll be in a dilemma and I don't want that" He groaned and was about to say something when we were interrupted by a noise.

We quickly hid ourselves thinking that it might be Filch, but when we saw Draco in his pajamas, walking towards the railing, we came out of hiding, but he didn't seem to notice us.

"He looks really exhausted" Cedric said as he almost reached the railing, "Or maybe, he's sleep walking or something's totally wrong" I quickly ran to him.

"Malfoy..." I grabbed his wrist and tried to wake him up. "Wake up, Malfoy!" I slapped his cheek couple of times and he opened his eyes, "Irvine? What are you doing in my dorm?" He asked as he looked behind me.

"I am not. We're at the Astronomy Tower" I said looking at Cedric and then back at Draco. "Oh" He said still looking around. "I-It felt like I was still in- in my dorm" I nodded as Cedric summoned some water.

"Drink this, mate" He said as Draco looked at him and at me, back and forth. "No, thank you" He said flatly and walked away. Cedric looked at me with an annoyed expression on his face.

"Ced, if you thought, for even one second that he was going to be nice to you, like even one tiny percent or for even just one second, you should be glad you're not in Ravenclaw!"

"At least, he thanked me!"

<•><•><•><•>

"Ok! Ok! Ok! Team, let's go!" Marvin said as we all headed to the Quidditch Pitch for the Slytherin-Ravenclaw match. I clutched my broom in my hand when I saw Draco walk to the pitch.

Oh, damn!

"A nice clean game! Am I clear? A nice and clean game! From all of you" Madam Hooch said as she threw the Quaffle in the air. Marvin quickly took the Quaffle and began to aim for a goal.

I saw Cho and Draco looking around for the Snitch while I ducked on a Bludger. I quickly grabbed the bat and aimed it at another player, whom I didn't know.

"Come on, come on!" I said as I saw Marvin fly to another goal posts and put the Quaffle in. "Yes!" I said as Cho came by me. "Listen!" She said and jerked her head towards Draco.

"He's distracted— it'll be easy for me to catch the Snitch, because he seems to be zoning out" She said as I looked at Draco staring in the oblivion. I nodded in understanding, I knew she wanted me to hit a Bludger at him.

It was now 30-40. If we caught the Snitch, we'll be able to win the match and also bump up a spot for the Championship. I saw a Slytherin player near the goal posts and also saw one of our players flying for a goal.

I bumped Reid and took the chance to hit the Bludger from my bat towards— who now I realised was, Theo. I felt bad that the Bludger would hit him, if he didn't duck.

But I felt worse when he did and the Bludger hit a zoned out Draco. I heard the Ravenclaws cheer as Draco hit the ground. "Oh, what did I do?" I murmured as Reid patted my back.

"Nice work!" He praised as I saw Marvin dancing. "We won!" He jumped up and down on the ground as Cho proudly showed the Snitch in her hands.

We all got down as I saw Madam Promfrey and her other aids took Draco on the stretcher. Marvin pulled me in a tight hug and pecked my cheek. "Great work, Lia!" He said as they all cheered and I couldn't.

I hit Draco with my Bludger.

<•><•><•><•>