𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

<•><•><•><•>

"I just want to go home"

<•><•><•><•>

"Going somewhere?"

A squeak left my lips as I turned around to catch the silver haired man I had so terribly been in love with, standing in front of me. My hand rested on my chest as I tried calming down my heaving heart. "Jeez! You scared me, Draco" I said as he stood there with hands folded over his chest.

It's just Draco, that's fine.

Wait.

Wait, it's not. 

My eyes met him as he held my gaze with an angry expression. Tears resumed their place on my cheeks and in my eyes. "I'll ask again, Irvine" He paused to look at the door, "Going. Somewhere?" He asked as I dropped my head to wipe my tears.

"It's getting too real, Draco" I finally managed to choke out. This is happening and it is happening now. I don't care if his heart breaks over this break-up. He has broken my heart multiple times and still I cared about him, now I won't.

"It's getting too real and it's not going anywhere, Malfoy" I paused to shake my head, "It's not Hogwarts anymore, I cannot wait for you to do something and when you don't, I don't have another 60 years of my life to start over with someone new. I'm not 18 anymore, I'm almost 40, we're both almost 40, we don't have 60 years to wait for someone new-"

"Someone new?" He scoffed, "What are you talking about? You're giving up on me?" He said squinting his eyes, "You're giving up on us?" He asked as I saw his throat work in a gulp. "I... I have to, Draco" I said as he turned to a blur making me wipe my eyes. "You still... You still love Astoria" I said sadly, my eyes flicking to her portrait. 

"Of course I love her!" He yelled and my heart broke again. This is the second time I've heard him say that he loves her out of many that I didn't hear and not once did he said that to me.

Is that too much to ask?

"Of course, I love her. How can I not love a person who knew I was in love with someone else when she married me?" My eyes met his in an instant. "Yes, she knew I loved you when she married me. She still chose to marry me" He paused, "She was there for me. She was there when I couldn't sleep at night because of the nightmares, she was there to hold me-"

I scoffed, "She was there after it ended, Draco!" I yelled, "She was there when the war was over, but I? I was there when it all began. I was there when you were crying holding a dead bird. I was there when you didn't eat, not her. I was there right from the start, not her" I said making him scoff on what he was going to say next. "You? You were there from the start? You?" He scoffed again, "You were in the arms of another man, hours after the war" He said as I squinted my eyes.