𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘

<•><•><•><•>

"Care to say that again, darling?"

<•><•><•><•>

"So, what do you think?" Draco asked handing me the invitation, "Everyone else is gonna be there" He added as I looked at McGonagall's signature. Since, it was the year of retirement for her, she wanted us  with her on the Yule Ball Day. 

"I don't know, baby-"

"Please don't tell me you have work!" He said making me smile, "Well, I'll try to get out of it?" I half asked half said before grabbing my laptop. "Wha- That's mine!" I said as Draco held it up in the air. "I hate that you're still so tall, despite of me being tall" I said jumping in the air to get my laptop back.

"First, tell me that you're coming to the Yule Ball" He said smirking down at me. Asshole. His eyebrow raised as I realized I said that out loud. "Care to say that again, darling?" He said throwing my laptop on the couch. "Asshole" I mumbled folding my hands over my chest. "I'm not scared of you!" I added as he rubbed his hands.

"You better be!" He said as I knew I had to start running now. I started laughing as he tried to catch me. "Ahh, you do remember that I was the Seeker, darling?" He said as I ran cross the pillars. "Oh, right, before I forget, I didn't tell you, but you were bad" I managed to say as my breaths got heavy.

He stopped, squinted his eyes at me for a second, "Oh, you are done for, Miss Irvine!" He said running faster than ever. I laughed loudly as I hid behind Narcissa. "What are you two doing?" She said as I held her arms from behind and used her as a shield when Draco tried to get to me.

"You both have a kid! Can you stop acting like one?" She said as I paused standing up straight, so did Draco. "See, Astoria always listens to me" She added walking off to the kitchen. We both looked at her as I smiled, "Darling..." Draco walked to me.

"I-"

"Nuh-uh, if you're apologizing for Narcissa calling me Astoria for the tenth time today... don't" I smiled as he sighed, "It's fine" I said smiling at him. He walked closer to me, tucked some hair behind my ear, "How can someone not fall-"

"YOU GUYS... CAN I COME?" Narcissa yelled holding the invitation in her hand.

<•><•><•><•>

I straightened my dress- the same one I wore at the Yule Ball, all those years ago. Draco bought me a new one, but I know he will love this one... I don't wanna brag, but it still fits me. All of the girls decided that they would enter through their own houses.

This would give us a chance to visit our common rooms and the boys can pick us up. 

I smiled as I thought how finally Ron can take Hermione to the ball or how Harry can take Ginny or how Marvin and Reid can go together or how... how Draco can finally take me to the ball. 

Let me remind you... when I tell you that man is so excited for the ball, he might've not even been that excited for his wedding.

Okay... I saw him... he was.

I quickly shook my head and pushed the thoughts away. "You ready, Cordelia?" Narcissa asked standing at the door. "Draco already left... He said he didn't want to see you before the ball, knowing you'd be the most beautiful girl there" She laughed, "Reminds me of your wedding day"

"Their wedding day, Cissy" I mumbled pulling the old lady to the door. We both apparated to the castle and saw it filled with fourth year and above students from all three schools. "I'm gonna go to common room before Draco sees me, Cissy. See you!" I yelled as she waved and walked to McGonagall.

I breathed in the scent of the walls as my heels hit the hard ground. "There she is" I twirled around as I saw Cho and Luna standing at the gate. "You are so late today" Cho scolded like a mother, "Jeez, Mom, sorry. Couldn't get out of work" I said as I saw Cedric and Rolf walk towards us.

"Your Prince Charming is eagerly waiting for you at the entrance" Rolf said making me blush, "He is not my Prince Charming and I just came from the entrance, I didn't see him there" I said as they pecked their dates... or more clearly, wives.

"We all should head back. Harry is gonna record Malfoy's reaction" Cedric laughed, "Because apparently, Lia told Luna and who told Ginny who told Hermione who told Harry that Draco always wanted to take Lia to the ball and if she looks this pretty, his jaw is going to drop" He added making me hit him. 

"Who's the bully now?" I said pouting, "Come on, you know I am just pulling his leg. I love... eh, like him now" He said putting an arm around me and messing my hair, "My hair, Diggory!" I said hitting him again. I quickly waved my wand on my hair and got them back to normal.

"Okay, Harry gave the thumbs up, he's ready... Ooh, is that a bouquet of roses?" Cedric said as they walked down and Draco turned around. His eyes met mine and then travelled to the length of me. Within a split second his eyes went wide and his mouth hanging open. 

I giggled and headed downstairs grabbing fists of my dress in both of my hands, "I assume these are for me?" I said closing his mouth and pointing at the roses. He nodded quickly as his cheek turned crimson. "IS DRACO MALFOY BLUSHING?!" Harry yelled on top of his breath and recorded everything.

<•><•><•><•>

Almost all the alumnus had tears in their eyes. Everything was just like it was that day. I looked at the glass in my hand twirling the liquid in. "A galleon for your thought?" Cedric asked filling my wine. I looked at Draco dancing with Hermione as Ron scowled. 

"Something about Draco?" He asked as I looked at him, "Are you jealous? You know Hermione is married and Draco-"

"I am not jealous!" I said interrupting him, "Not of her, at least" I mumbled to myself but he heard me, "Uh-oh" He said sipping his whiskey, "How can I be jealous of a dead woman? Who was like super polite to me!" I said putting my glass down, "Did you talk to him about it?"

"Well, no, of course not. I didn't tell him that I still love him or that I didn't get married because I was still wearing his necklace all the time or that my heart didn't want to give up on him. Like he would even notice all of that" I said waving my hand in front of my face. Cho sat next to her husband as Cedric rubbed my back.

"He did start apologizing..." I paused, "Like it was the day after we all went to the club, it was the morning after we... and he just started apologizing. I was not ready to face him apologizing me. Not after we were getting back on track" I said sighing loudly, "Lia, love, it's been 20 years. That is a long time. People change. Situations change. And he was doing the right thing, you know" I looked at him, "I am not taking his side"

"But just because you didn't want to hear him, or face him, or face your love for him, or the hurt... because of him" He paused as I saw Draco dancing with Luna. "I don't think you guys will ever be able to move on from this then" I rested my head on his shoulder. "You know what you have to do, right?" 

"Asshole" I mumbled to Cedric as he hit my thigh lightly, "He's right, Lia but yeah... asshole" Cho said making me laugh, "We got married! We literally have two children together!" He reasoned as his wife took my side. 

"Still asshole!"

<•><•><•><•>