𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

<•><•><•><•>

"Baby— I'm here to win you back"

<•><•><•><•>

Right after the fight...

Y/N's PoV

Clutching the handle of my bag too hard, I fought with myself to fight with Tom. For Tom. For us. But the prideful part of me, won. I called a cab, gave the address of my old apartment and left my other home.

"Thank you" I mumbled a quick thanks to the cab driver and pulled my luggage out. I had told Isla everything, the moment I left. Of course, I told her everything. She's the only constant in my life.

Derek had tried stopping me, making me think calmly. But being called a thief, yeah, I think that is the lowest I've been.

Looking at the familiar hallway, I sighed pulling my bags out of the elevator. But as soon as that sigh left my lips, so did a gasp. "M-Miles?" My legs start trembling as soon as he takes small steps towards me. "Bab— Baby! Is it really you?" He smiled a little and ran towards me. "Oh!" He said as soon as his arms touched my body, "It is you! And they said I was a madman to try" His lips touch me everywhere and I go rigid.

My hands grip my bag so tight, my knuckles could turn white. "I'm— I'm so sorry, baby! I should've never listened to Amy. She was always a liar!" Hearing Amy's name out of his mouth, I push him away. "What are you doing here?" He wipes his eyes and I get a good look at him.

He looks bad.

Like he had lost everything he had.

His eyes were red, dark circles lived under his eyes. He looked a little— a lot bad, unhealthy. His reputation had already taken a toll. No one would want to hire him, well, I thought it was because he cheated on me.

But now that I see him and know the industry a little better, I know now why no one would hire him. "Baby— I'm here to win you back. I know I was a terrible boyfriend but- but I'll be better. I promise. No more cheating. No more hitting. No more jealousy. I am totally fine with your friendship with Tom. I won't be with him like I was with James. I'll be faithful to my highschool sweetheart"

James.

Oh God.

All of the bad things he did to me come back to my mind. All those slaps and dragging me on the floor and pushing me down the stairs and choking me until I could only see black spots.

And I— my heart would never want Tom to have the same fate as James. I'll die protecting him. No matter what he thinks of me.

But Miles said he would be nice to me.

No.

Not anymore.

Not. Anymore.

"No" I mumble quietly. "Sorry, baby? Did you just say no to me?" He said and pushed me against the wall. "Did you say no to me?" His hands crawl to my throat. Oh, God no! If I make a sound, I know some of my neighbours will come out but I'm not sure who will come to my rescue.