𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡

<•><•><•><•>

"Dad isn't your best friend?"

<•><•><•><•>

"Cordelia!"

I sat up straight in bed in shock, "Sorry" I heard a small squeak and I turned to look at Scorpius at the foot of the bed. "Scorp" I whispered pulling him to me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" I shook my head as he looked at Draco.

"Can you help me with something?" He asked innocently making me nod, "Sure, sweetie. What do you need?" I asked pulling the blanket off of me. "Remember Dad's stash of cookies he only gives me one to eat?" He asked making me smile. "Yeah, what about it?" I asked as he smiled, "Can I please have one? I really want one! Please, please, please, please, please, please-"

"Scorp, there is a reason it's your father's secret stash" I said trying to go back to sleep. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up, "I know where he keeps it! I can't reach that far, Cordelia! Please! And I never asked anyone to get them because I had no one to ask for" He added making my heart break again. 

"Please, I won't ask for it again, I promise!" He said pouting his lips. I looked at Draco who had still been sleeping and unbothered by our whisper talk. "Okay, just this once, okay?" I said making him nod happily.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the bedroom towards the kitchen. I grabbed a stool and made him stand on it, while I easily reached the cabinet and grabbed the jar filled with cookies. "Okay, you know, because I love you soo much, grab the ice cream from the freezer" I said as he ran to the fridge.

Opening the vanilla ice cream box, I scooped one scoop and placed it on a cookie and pressed it with another cookie making a sandwich. He excitedly took it from me and waited for me to make one for myself. "Let's eat!" I said as we both took the first bite. We both groaned at the bite and started laughing at ourselves. 

"How'd you know to make it so good?" He asked making me smile, "I used to have it with my best friend" I said as he nodded, "Cedric?" He asked making me nod, "Dad isn't your best friend?" I chuckled as he saddened, "He is too, sweetie. But your dad and I haven't always been close" I paused to remember the first time we kissed. 

"I've wanted to do that ever since I saw you" 

I smiled, "What do you mean?" He asked as I looked at him and his ice cream dripping down his hands, "Well, your father and I were in different houses, so we didn't talk to each other until the sixth year, when he became-" I paused to look at him, "I know, Cordelia, did you forget?" He said chuckling a little.

"And then he told me about it, and I helped him and then I got to know him and then I fell in love with him" I smiled thinking about all the memories, bad and good, happy and sad and also the part where he never said he loved me and I did. "And then the war happened, well, everything was upside down" I smiled a sad smile.