First Day..

Tessa Point of View...

I am nervous, I am shaking, I am breathing heavily, but, I have been waiting for this day since ever. Today, I get to visit and join The Scott Business Groups as their new Legal Consultant for their Main Business Division, Casey will be joining with me as well but she will be working in different department. She studied environmental laws so she will be working for the Scott Groups Environment related projects, where as I will be responsible for different legal side of things. I am excited but I am nervous too. I already received a call from Matthew, he wished me good luck. He won't be able to come personally to drop me and Casey as he is driving to Dallas with his father for some business negotiations.

"You look beautiful honey". The moment I heard that, I turn around and see my mother looking at me lovingly. She has the most beautiful smile on her face and she comes towards me carrying a small jwellery box.

"Mom what is that?". I look at the box and then I look back at mom. She now has tears in her eyes, how, in the universe we transitioned from smile to tears is something I will never understand. She wipes her tears and extends the box towards me.

"Open and see, I hope you will like it". I open the box quickly and I am speechless. It's one of her favourite earings, the ones I always craved for. I wanted these earings since I was a little girl. I used to wear those while me and Casey used to play dress-up. I cannot believe she is giving me these. These were her favourite earings and she always used to get mad at me for using them while we used to play.

"Maa..these were your favourite earings, I can't take them, you used to love them". I am speechless, I cannot take them, I know what these earings means to her. Dad got these for her from his first salary , while they were newly married.

" Your father gave these to me when he got his first promotion, these were special because these were the first of many expensive things that your dad got me, but, the most precious thing he ever gave me is this family, my two beautiful daughter's. You and Terra are important to me , my most precious belongings, my legacy to leave behind. Please take them. Today is a special day for you. I love you". She kisses me on my head lovingly, I was Missing this for the past 6 years. My mom and her forehead kisses, I love you too mom, is what I always say in my heart everytime she kisses me.

" I love you Maa..you and dad and Terra and Casey and Matthew , are my entire world". She looks at me lovingly and exits my room, giving me some time to get ready.

I quickly wear the earings, maa gave to me. They are beautiful, dad has amazing choice skills, maybe I will take him with me for my next jewellery shopping, it will be fun.

I quickly open my wardrobe and decides on my first day outfit, I want to make a good first impression. I am excited and I want everyone to know that I will work hard and will make everyone proud.

Now, dress selection is something, I am really bad at. I select 5 dresses and take them all in my arms and exits my room to my all time fashion advisor, my bestie ,my lifeline, Casey Robbin.

Casey point of view...

Today is the day, I have been waiting for so long. My first day at Scott Group. I am joining them as their new Environment Law Advisory Consultant. What makes this day special is that today is my parents death anniversary. I know no one remembers it. But, I do. Today is the day, I lost them. Today is the day that everything changed in my life. Today is the day, I lost one family and got a new one. I lost my father and mother, but, I got a new father, a new mother and two amazing sisters, one elder and one younger, Tessa is 5 days younger then me. I laugh at the memory, Tessa hates it when I call her younger then me, but, honestly she is my Rock. She and this family means everything to me.