The Truth...

Tessa's Point of View...

I sit in our guest bedroom, holding the letter Anthony gave to me. The envelope is already open, I have the letter in my hand, all I need to do is to start reading it. I don't know what will happen but I do know this was long-awaited.

I finally unfold the letter and begin to read.

Dear Tessa,

You already know me but unfortunately, we never had the opportunity to properly sit and chat. The first time we met was when Hardin took you as his date to one of my hotel's opening ceremonies in Texas, do you remember that night. Hardin punched a guy to death for you because he kissed you. Man, my friend was so mad, that night I knew you mean the world to him.

We did meet a couple of times and every time I met Hardin, I asked him about you. He was stubborn, not ready to accept his feelings for you. Every time I pushed, he pushed back. He said you were dating someone at that time, that it's useless because you were in love with that person, and Hardin never believed in love. But, you came along and changed him and everything in his life. His morals, his beliefs, everything. You made him realize what true love is.

For the first time in 28 years of our existence, my buddy was in love. It was quite fun to tease him initially and then the two of you started dating each other. I still remember that day. He called me and was jumping like a monkey because you said 'yes'. He can't stop talking about you. Tess is this, Tess is that. Bla.Bla.Bla.

Can I tell you a secret? I was jealous of you. Why? Well, because that day I knew my friend has you and would not need me anymore the way I have always been there for him. He has you and he looked happy, something he never was. Not with me as a friend and not with his mother as a son. Hardin was never happy. You, my friend made him happy.

What I am about to tell you, it will change everything between me and Hardin. It will affect our friendship but I am more than ready to take that chance. I will lose my best friend but I will give him his freedom. Just know, I am writing this letter on behalf of my best friend because I know him. What I am about to tell you, he will never have the courage to tell you that. But, please promise me after reading this letter, you will have an open mind. Please consider forgiving my friend, he loves you, more than anyone.

Have you ever wondered why Hardin never believed in love or relationships? Why has he never dated anyone before? Why the famous Hardin Scott, whose life looks perfect from the outside is never so perfect from the inside? I guess not because Hardin's charm blinded you. He always used his charm and charisma over people to hide his pain and problems. That's the person you married. He will die but will never tell you why he died.

Growing up Hardin doesn't have a normal childhood. He had a great family. Two loving parents. Everything changed when they became rich. His father started valuing money more than his family. He used to go away on business trips for months, rarely used to call his son and wife, and when Hardin's father used to come back, Hardin's parents always ended up arguing. It all started with Hardin's father missing his birthday and then slowly he started missing all the achievements and proud moments of his son. Hardin was great in sports. He was good at basketball, football, and swimming. He loved swimming. But, sadly Hardin never got to share his achievements with his father.

Then the arguments transformed into fights and then his father started abusing Hardin's mother. Everything went out of control when Hardin's mother caught his father with another woman. That night, havoc broke down on his family. The argument that started with Hardin's mother accusing his father of adultery ended with Hardin's father first beating up his mother and then he raped her.