We movein together...

Hardin'Point of View...

Today I woke up before my usual time as today is a special day for me. Today my beautiful Tessa moves in with me. It's been 3 days since we announced our relationship to our family members and soon we plan to announce it for the outside world. My mother has been ecstatic about me starting a relationship with Tessa. She has been barging in to my penthouse for unnecessary reasons stating my penthouse needs a makeover considering I will be sharing it with Tessa. Even if I don't agree a lot with my mother but I easily got onboard about redecorating my house. I don't want any trace of my fucked up past to even touch Tessa. When I look across my penthouse, I see myself with different women, fucking them in different positions in different parts of my penthouse. I don't want that anymore. I want Tessa and I want to create new memories of me making love to Tess in different positions in different parts of my penthouse.

I quickly shower as my mother messaged me the details of the interior designer with whom we have a meeting in next 60 minutes. I will be living with Tess in our Seattle Penthouse until my Washington penthouse gets its desired restructuring. I put on my suit and make my way to my living room hoping to see my mother, but, as I enter my living room I see Coley waiting for me. She looks different, she looks sad and broken. Even if I ended our arrangement because of my commitment towards Tess, I cannot ignore what I had with Coley. Apart of us having sex almost on a daily basis, we built a friendship over the years of our acquaintance. She sences my presence and stands up straight from my couch.

"Hey.. Coley. How are you, I haven't seen you in a while, Marvin mentioned you took leave of absence for couple of days, is everything ok..", I ask Coley with concern in my voice and she simply nods and smiles sadly. She moves towards me and shocks me as she wraps her arms across my neck. She kisses my neck and untangles her arms from my neck.
"I am doing ok, I need some time to myself after your announcement. I just...", Coley chokes and I gestures her to complete her sentence.."I just..Hardin if you are marrying Tessa because of your will and because I said no to us getting married then it can still change. I am ready to marry you, if you still want me. I am ready to marry you and I am also ready to get pregnant with your child, if that's what you want. I am ok, I just need you in my life, please Hardin don't end what we have..", Coley requests me as she holds my hands in hers and interwines our fingers. Just by  touching Coley, I feel different. It feels like just by touching Coley, I might be cheating  Tess, if this is what feels like when you are in love, then now it's officially confirmed, I am madly in love with Tess. I withdraw my hands from Coley' and hides them inside my pockets. I shake my head and takes few steps backwards to distance myself from Coley. "No..Coley. Look, I know you may think that I am marrying Tess because of the will and to some extent it was the truth untill I realised the importance of Tess in my life. I love her and I want her as my wife. I am sorry for proposing you after we had sex in my office, at that time all I was thinking was ways to legally inherit my father's wealth and nothing else, but, I can tell you that I am not marrying Tess because of the will. I love her and I want to spent my entire life with her." My honest and truthful admission brings tears in Coley' eyes and something that I hate. I hate when people I care about gets hurt because of me. I close our distance and take Coley in my embrace and wraps my arms across her body tightly. "You deserve better Coley. You were correct. I should bring a child in this world out of love and not out of a compromised relationship. It would be wrong for me to ask you to bear my child for my own benefits, I realised you were correct and took sometime to understand my true feelings towards Tessa. You will get someone who will love you and will cherish you for the amazing person you are. We can still be friends but nothing more. I am sorry. I can no longer take advantage of our relationship. Please understand me." Coley nods and distance us by stepping backwards. She opens her handbag and brings out a white envelope.."Here take this. It's my resignation. I know you never promised me anything more then sex and I know I always let you live your life and I lived mine and I know I was ok with you sleeping with other women, but, now that you confess your feelings towards Tessa, I realised my feelings towards you as well. I do like you and want you Hardin. Obviously I am too late as you have made up your mind to be with Tessa. I cannot work with you anymore as whenever I will see you with Tessa, I will feel bad and I will feel jealous of Tessa, something that I don't want." I silently registers Coley' words in my mind as I feel guilty of using Coley for my own benefits. I accept the envelope from Coley carrying her resignation from my office and most probably from my life. She wipes her tears and with a smile on her face  exits  my penthouse and from my life.