Hurt by someone special...

Tessa's point of view...

"Hardin, where are you?"

"Hardin, I am worried about you, please call me back"

"Hardin, it's noon. Answer my phone please"

"Hardin. it's Tessa again. Your wife, if you remember, please call me back"

"Hardin, you are starting to freak me out. Please answer my call or at least text me back"

"Hardin, it's almost evening. Please answer your calls"

"Hardin".. Tessa Sobs. " Please come back home"

"Hardin, now it's evening. You haven't returned any of my phone calls or my messages, baby, what's wrong. Please come back home"

The next morning after our night together, I woke up to an empty bed. Hardin was nowhere to be found. I have called his cell phone a dozen times already and he has not answered my calls or my text messages. I have not called his mother yet. I just don't want to worry her for no reason. But, it's getting late and Hardin has never done this before. He has always made sure to inform me about his whereabouts because he knows I tend to worry.

For a moment I thought about driving across Washington to search for my husband. But the point is I don't know where he is. I don't know where to look for him. Should I call his friends or our business partners, maybe someone from them will know where my husband is the next day of our marriage?

I was about to start dialing the list of numbers of Hardin's friends that I have before I hear the noise of a car getting parked in our driveway. I put my cell phone down and rush across my living room to see if it's Hardin's car. It's raining today in Washington so all I see is a blue mustang parked in front of our penthouse. It's not his car. Hardin doesn't like such colours, especially not when it comes to his car collection. They all are black and some darker shades of Red or Blue, but nothing else.

I turn when I hear a knock on our front door. The doorbell rings, indicating someone has finally arrived. I get nervous. What if it's his mother. What am I supposed to tell her about his son, that his son left his wife the next day of our marriage?

I hear the doorbell going off again which brings me back to my senses. I wipe away my tears that have somehow made their appearance by a mere hope that maybe it was Hardin, the hope that went away the moment I saw the colour of the car.

I force my legs to move and just in time before the doorbell can ring for the third time, I manage to reach my front door and open it to see two figures standing on our entrance. It's Hardin and his best friend, Anthony. Well, Hardin is not standing, he is hanging over Anthony's shoulders like a lifeless body because he is drunk. The next day of our marriage and my husband decides to come home in his drunken state or should I say brought home by his friend.

Anthony waits patiently for me to respond. When I don't move from my position for the next five minutes, he gestures me to move so that he can bring Hardin inside over his shoulders. I silently nod and move away from the entrance so that Anthony can drag Hardin inside. Once he does, I close the door behind their back. Anthony walks Hardin to the couch and lays him gently over the same. I don't move from my position though, I just watch their movements. I am too shocked, confused, and hurt to see Hardin this way.

So many questions cloud my mind. Why he is drunk? Did the two best friends go to any pub last night or maybe this morning? We had sex yesterday and we slept together when Hardin even left me? Why do I smell a lady's perfume from Hardin's body when Anthony dragged him from the front of me? There are so many questions and yet the person who can answer them is drunk and off senses.