the holidays.

2 DAYS LATER

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!" minjung yells when she gets out of her room.

"mommy wake up! mommy wake up it's christmas!" she shakes jennie and then runs into seungmin's room.

"daddy wake up it's christmas!" she shakes seungmin and runs downstairs.

her eyes light up when she sees all the presents underneath the tree.

"mommy! daddy! come on!" she yells as they come downstairs.

"wow santa gave you a lot this year!" jennie hugs her from the back and kisses her cheek.

"can I open them!?"

"of course honey" seungmin sits next to her as she smiles wide to open her presents.

"I don't know if it's weird to you or anything... but I got you a present" seungmin grabs a present and gives it to jennie.

"oh you didn't have to" she smiles.

"you've had a rough year because of me so it's the least I could do"

she opens it, and it's a necklace with a locket.

she opens the locket to see a picture of her and minjung together.

"seungmin... this is... this is amazing thank you" she smiles.

"what is it!?" jennie shows her.

"it's so pretty! what did you get me!?" she looks at seungmin and he chuckles.

"I got you something similar, but better" he hands her the box and she opens it.

it's a locket of her, seungmin, jeongin, and jennie.

"I love it!" she hugs seungmin.

"is jeongin coming over!?"

"yes, he's coming later and he has presents for you!" he looks at her.

"YAYYYY" she jumps up and down, they both laugh.

"okay honey, why don't you go upstairs I'll be right up to help you get dressed and then you can play with your toys" jennie says.

"okay!" she runs upstairs.

"there's actually something I got jeongin but I need your approval" seungmin looks at her.

"why do you need my permission?"

seungmin looks at her and waits for her to think of it.

"oh! well... you don't need my permission for that"

"I do, I don't know if you want someone else in your life that—"

"hey... you don't need my permission okay? you're happy... and minjung's happy... so I'm happy"

seungmin nods.

"good" jennie gets up and goes upstairs.

...

"jeongin!" minjung runs to jeongin and hugs him.

"hey! merry christmas" he smiles.

"merry christmas!"

"come on let's go find your daddy and scare him" minung smiles and nods.

"be quiet now" he whispers and she nods.

they go into the kitchen to see seungmin talking to jennie, jeongin looks at her and points to go.

minjung jumps on him and jeongin wraps his arms around him.

"aish you two!" he says and they both laugh.

"you guys are adorable but you're in my kitchen while I'm trying to make dinner" jennie looks at them.

"let's not bother mommy now okay?" seungmin says and they go into the living room.

"let's open presents!"

"not yet honey we need to wait for hyunjin and chan to get here" seungmin says.

"fine" she pouts and crosses her arms.

there's a knock at the door, and then hyunjin enters with chan behind him.

"hello kims and yangs merry christmas!" hyunjin enters.

"hyunjin! chan!" she smiles and goes to hug them.

"look at you! you get bigger every time I see you!" hyunjin lifts her up.

"do you have presents!?"

"of course! I got presents, I got food, I got everything!" he brings her to the sofa and they sit down.

"of course hyunjin made me carry all the presents" chan says.

"thanks for coming, how are you holding up?" seungmin takes some of the presents to help him out.

"eh, I guess it's better to be here than at home"

"it is! especially because I'm here!" she smiles and they all laugh.

"that's true" chan says.

"I know it's hard without him but you can take your mind off of it right now" seungmin says.

"I know and that's—" the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it!" minjung says, but she can't reach the doorknob.

"I got it honey" seungmin chuckles and when he opens the door, shock fills the room.

—————————————