the project II.

3 DAYS LATER

felix walked into english class and was prepared for the project. hyunjin agreed to go with felix's idea.

mr. kim walks in, and chan was behind him.

"okay class as you know your project are due today. first up we'll have bang chan and kim seungmin" mr. kim looks at them and they stand up.

as they stand up there felix has a flashback to when they were up there last year.

"bang chan and lee felix you're up" mr. kim calls them up to submit their project and present it to the class.

they put their presentation on the board and switch to the slide with a rainbow flag on it.

"LGBT, what is it? why do people get treated awfully for it? this is something we need to discuss" felix switches to the next slide.

"when we see LGBT it spells out for some people 'bully me' or 'make fun of me' but it's actually lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. if you're any of these four things, you're a target to misery. but that's not how things should work, let's take a second to talk about school. you have the populars, the jocks, the nerds, the goths, and the bullies. which one are you? I'm neither, I'm a human. I'm a person. and so are all of you. no matter what sexuality you are, you're still a person, you have a heart, and you have feelings" felix looks at chan for him to go next.

"I know I qualify under one of those school traits, I'm the bully. I bullied people for being LGBT, but doing this project had me thinking a lot. being around more people had me thinking a lot. and I should stop before I speak, I should really think about these people, they have feelings and they are real, I guess people don't see it when they make fun of others for being LGBT. but I do" chan switches to the next slide, and felixs eyes widen and he chokes on nothing.

"yeah, that's me. I'm part of the LGBT, you can bully me. but guess what? I'm not gonna let it get to me. I'm gonna go on with my life as it is and ignore everyone but even though I may not show it, I'll still have feelings, there's someone who I've come to like, but I'm not here to talk about me" chan glances at felix.

"I'm here to tell you that there's more to people than just being classified as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender, we have our own thoughts, and our own feelings, we are human"

everyone claps and felix remains stunned at chans coming out.

"well done boys"

felix smiles softly and then he shakes it off and listens to their presentation.

the first slide real parents, the biggest betrayers

"parents. yeah they love you and all, but when you tell them something or keep a secret from them, they completely betray you" seungmin moves to the next slide and chan starts speaking.

"my parents betrayed me because I came out to them 2 years ago, and they just left me alone. alone at my house. I was all alone with no parents. they panicked because I wasn't normal. the worst thing for parents to do is to betray their child. they actually came back and they attacked felix because they found out I liked him, which was even more betrayal because they come back to do stuff to him but to not even see their own son"  chan looks down then back up and switches to the next slide and seungmin goes on.

"I had to keep the real secret of why I left in the first place a secret from my parents because they'll scold me and they'll kick me out, which is what I was afraid of. that betrayal. but instead I ended up betraying them by not telling them. but either way in every situation someone's betraying someone or something"

"good job, next up lee felix and hwang hyunjin"

felix stands up and glances at chan before he brings up the presentation.

"the definition of betrayal is the act of betraying someone or something or the fact of being betrayed or in other words violation of a persons trust which is what this project is about" hyunjin looks over at felix and he nods.

"trust. when you trust someone, you never doubt that they're lying to you, or they don't do things behind your back. they don't not tell their boyfriend that their ex came back after a few years and then go and kiss them and let their boyfriend see-" felix takes a deep breath and he goes on.

"betrayal is many things, betrayal is something we wish we couldn't do, but when you don't gain someone's trust anymore because of the betrayal you go insane" felix looks down and sighs and hyunjin takes over.

"basically you don't betray someone you love or anyone for that matter because there will be consequences" hyunjin looks over at chan.

chan looks down with a face of pity.

"mr. kim they can't-"

"seungmin don't interrupt, this is what I was looking for. something that makes people at the edge of their seat, using your experiences in projects is what makes your project the best"

"but they're-"

"I gave specifically you four the same one on purpose and this is what I was looking for, exposing someone for their wrongdoings is what I like because that makes them reflect on what they've done and it makes them fix it" mr. kim walks back over to the front of the room.

"so you set us up" chan looks at him and mr. kim nods.

"precisely, but I'm glad I did good job boys" felix and hyunjin sit down.

"and so, fix it" mr. kim looks at chan and he looks back at felix then back to the front.

mr. kim is my spirit animal I don't make the rules