the holidays III.

after jeongin's sudden visit a few days ago even after he broke up with him, seungmin still wasn't the same.

he was worse than his break up with chan. he didn't think he could ever get over him.

he finally found someone who made him smile, and he felt comfortable around, someone who made him laugh when he was sad, someone who was always there for him.

but now that's gone.

he didn't want to get over jeongin, even though everyone keeps telling him to.

his heart couldn't handle it.

and the worst part is, new years eve is today, so he had nobody to be with at midnight.

he wanted to be by his side as the new years comes in.

but he couldn't do any of it.

"daddy?" minjung sits next to seungmin on the sofa.

"yes honey?"

"are you gonna be okay? you have been sad for a long time"

"someday I will... but it's still hard right now"

"I hope you can be happy again" she makes her way into his arms to comfort him.

"thank you honey, me too" he kisses her forehead.

"let's partaaaayyy" hyunjin and changbin barge in.

"aish you two" seungmin shakes his head at them.

"is this a bad time?" changbin looks at him, seungmin and minjung both nod.

"oh well we're already here" hyunjin walks in and goes to the kitchen to put the food they brought on the counter.

"where's the other four?" changbin asks.

"they're not here yet"

seungmin's phone rings, and he picks it up.

"hello?"

"hey bro, it's me"

"oh hey"

"I heard about you and jeongin... I'm sorry"

"you don't need to apologize"

"well I'm on my way to your house right now"

"what? you're coming?" he glances at hyunjin.

"yep! I told you I would try to come on holidays as much as I can, I got to go I'll see you soon"

"okay, bye"

"who was that daddy?" minjung looks at him.

"we'll be having someone else join us tonight"

"who?" hyunjin asks.

"is it uncle woojin!?" minjung asks, and he nods.

"yesssss!" she smiles.

hyunjin was shocked to hear his name, it's been a few weeks since he's heard woojin's name.

ever since he chose changbin, him and woojin haven't talked to each other since.

let's hope it won't be awkward when he shows up.

"your favorite couple has arrived!" jisung barges in with minho behind him.

"nah we are" felix and chan follow behind them.

"no we are!" hyunjin looks at them.

"my favorite is chan and felix!" minjung says.

"good choice!" felix smiles at her.

"let's get this party started!" hyunjin yells and changbin chuckles.

"calm down" chan says.

"no!"

"he's right calm down" changbin looks at him.

"okay fine"

"of course he listens to you" chan sits on the sofa, felix sits next to him and lays his head on his shoulder.

"I'm going upstairs" seungmin leaves the room.

"wow... he's very heartbroken" chan says. "poor guy"

"and when you two broke up you probably didn't say that huh?" hyunjin says and changbin hits him.

"no... but I do know that I don't want to experience a break up again, because the last time I lost my everything... and I don't want to lose him again" he looks at felix, who smiles.

"you won't lose me" felix looks into his eyes and moves closer to him to crash his lips onto chan's.

"ew get a room" hyunjin says and then there's a knock on the door.

"it's uncle woojin!" minjung smiles and goes to answer the door.

...

seungmin was laying on his bed, scrolling through photos of him and jeongin and remembering the moments they shared, and remembering how happy he was with him.

when he puts his phone down, he feels it's all a dream to him because he never thought he could love someone again after chan.

he knows it's a dream because when he looks up, he sees jeongin standing at the doorway.

"what are you doing here?"

—————————————