Ch- 64, Her New Friends!!

You'll never look back in life and say,
"I spent too much time with my grandparents!"....

That night, Anirudh had left for Siliguri. He had been so proud of his Bondita and was all praises for her. She too was really happy and had been re-reading the letter.

Rudhi was happily crawling around the house as Baba was chasing her, running behind her slowly. Bondita and her mother were laughing happily as the whole scenario was just perfect to be captured in the heart forever.

"I'm sure she's gonna miss you both once we return back." Bondita said, her eyes fixated at Rudhi.

"We will miss her so much more!" Maa replied, feeling even more sad.

Bondita had no reply to this. She too was sad and wanted Rudhi to spend more time with her Nana Nani.

Why can't children just have enough of both their grandparents together?

"Roshu!" Baba suddenly walked to them with Rudhi in his arms.
"Give me Bulbul's clothes, I'll dress her. She's going out with her Nanu!" He kissed Rudhi's cheek and the baby laughed happily, sticking her pink tongue out.

"Okay Baba!" Bondita replied and walked to her room.

As she returned with Rudhi's clothes, she sat on the sofa.

"Baba give her to me, I'll dress her!" She suggested.

"No!" Baba instantly denied, sitting on the sofa beside her.
"Only I will!"

He was so bossy about Rudhi these days!

Bondita sighed and handed him Rudhi's clothes.

"After you come back..." Maa said to Baba.
"Bulbul is just going to play with me! I hope that's fine!"

Baba just nodded, rolling his eyes, not wanting to fight her. But he no where wanted to give Rudhi to anyone else.

"You both!" Bondita sighed, shaking her head at her parents.

....

Baba and Rudhi were soon on the streets, talking in some undeciphered blabbering.

"Naa... Nuuu!!" Rudhi called him, patting his shoulder.
"Chiyaaa!!" She pointed towards the road, where a few birds were picking up grains.

"Yeah!! Chiyaa!" Baba laughed as she clapped her hands happily.

"Taannaaa!!!" She again pointed to a Taanga this time.

Baba kept on telling her names of every thing they crossed.

"Bhow!! bhow!!" She suddenly widened her eyes fearfully as she saw a black dog barking around at a few people.

"Yeah! That's a Bhow Bhow!!" Baba said staring at the dog.
"A bad one!" He chuckled at Rudhi, brushing her hair softly.

His arms were aching, as he had been carrying her for a long time. But that pain, that ache was what he wanted to last forever. He just wanted his Bulbul closest to his heart, forever.

Rudhi was busy playing with his wrist watch as he walked her to the temple.
It was a huge temple, he used to visit regularly. Everyone knew him, he was obviously quite famous.

"Nomoskaar Das Babu!" A friend greeted him, as he was walking up the temple stairs.
"Is she Bondita Bitiya's daughter?" He asked, walking closer to them and smiling at the little girl.

"Yeah! She is my granddaughter!" Baba told proudly.

"Bulbul, Jay Jay!" He told her with a smile.