Ch- 44, We'll Find A Way

"There's only one happiness in this life, to love and to be loved!"

"What's my Punishment?!" Batuk asked, already making up his mind to fulfil whatever she would asm for.

"Marry Me!" Mallika said in a stern voice, shifting her eyes away from him.

"What?!!!" Batuk almost screamed at her sudden demand.
"Are you even in your senses, Mallika?!" He asked her.

"No, I'm not!!!" She screamed back, her voice breaking a bit.

She walked a bit more closer to him as he moved back a few steps.
Mallika held his collar tightly and looking straight into his eyes, she spoke again.

"No, I'm not in my senses, Batuk Roy Chowdhary!" She shouted at him, with tears already beginning to moisten her eyes.

"Ma... Mallika Please calm down!" Batuk held her hands gently, trying to free his shirt collars from her angry grip.

"No, I won't!" She growled. "First you tell that when will you marry me?"

"And yes, I am not in my senses at all! I'm so much in love with you BRC, that nothing else makes sense now!" She cried in anger, but her helplessness was clearly evident in her voice.

Batuk closed his eyes forcefully and tried to find the right words, but sadly, he couldn't. What he spoke next, was even more dangerous.

"This.... This isn't love, Mallika!" He told with his eyes still closed and his mind still trying to fathom his own words.

"And I won't marry you! Atleast not until I teach you this lesson on self respect!" He said and opened his eyes to look at  her. 

"Hm?!" Mallika hummed, with a frown, trying to register his words.

"Wh... What do you mean, Batuk?" She asked, her tears threatening to fall down her eyes.

"Ma.. Mallika!" He spoke, trying to make up for his harsh words.

"Yes, tell me?! Why did you say my love isn't true?!" She screamed.

Batuk was horrified seeing her like this.

"Love isn't about bounding someone, its about letting them free, Mallika!" He said, but she just didn't want to listen.

"Go away Batuk! Congratulations! You broke my heart yet again!" She cried loudly and ran away.

"Ma... Mallika! Please listen to me for once!" He followed her, but she just locked herself in another room.

"If you don't want to hurt me further, just go Batuk! Go from here, BRC!" She cried and he didn't have any other option to go away. He knew that Mallika won't listen to him now.

Batuk walked out of the Haveli and drove back home, almost crying. His eyes were now welled up with tears and the only word he could murmur was, "Dada!"

He just wanted Anirudh at that moment.

.........

Reaching home, Batuk found Bondita leaving for the court and Rudhi crying loudly in her Koyeli's arms.

"What happened Kaaju baby?!" He ran to her and took her in his own arms, but Rudhi continued to cry.

"Just see Batuk, she isn't letting me go! Pati babu and I have such an important meeting today!" Bondita said, trying to free her saree from her crying baby's hold. Her heart was also breaking to see her baby so sad, but she just couldn't stop that day.

"Boudi you go! I'll take care of her!" Batuk told and cradled Rudhi in his arms.

"Oh wait!" He exclaimed.
"Let me and Rudhi drop you to the court, this way she'll get a car ride too and won't cry more, I guess." He  suggested.