Seventy-six

"Where the fuck is she?!"

I woke up to the sound of someone yelling, and I found myself laying in an unfamiliar bed in an unfamiliar bedroom.

I groaned and turned over in bed, only to realise that I wasn't wearing anything but a pair of male boxer shorts and a t-shirt that was way too oversized to be mine.

The voice was yelling again and shortly after, the door to the bedroom was ripped open.

Alec.

"What the fuck..." I muttered.

He took one look at me, then the anger on his face increased and before I got to react, he turned and punched Tomas in the face who stood a few feet behind him.

"Did you touch her?!" Alec yelled, holding Tomas by his collar. "If you did, I swear I will punch all of your ugly arse teeth out!"

I pulled myself off the bed, making my way to the hallway where Alec had Tomas pushed up against the wall.

"Mate, I didn't fucking rape her, you know." Tomas laughed. "It was consensual."

Alec punched him again, letting go of him at the same time, and then he looked at me with a cocked eyebrow.

"Get your own fucking clothes on." He cursed at me. "And then we're leaving."

"She can't do that..." Tomas grinned. "...I ripped it. Though she's more than welcome to keep my clothes. It looks good on her anyway."

"If you don't shut up, right now—" Alec clenched his fists, then turned to me again and gestured towards the door. "...we're going home, Sabrina."

When I didn't move, he grabbed onto my arm and dragged me out of the door.

"Wait... my phone."

Alec summoned my phone and pushed it into his own pocket, before he gestured for me to walk down the stairs.

When we got outside, Alec grabbed onto my arm and forced me to face him.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" He yelled at me. "Jumping out of your window, running off to get drugs... sleeping with Tomas?!"

I didn't answer.

I folded my arms over my chest and looked away.

"Naomi said you called her an hour after you ran away." He said. "You broke up with her."

I still didn't answer.

"Was that before or after you slept with Tomas?"

I shrugged.

"Before."

"So you broke up with her so you could sleep with him?"

"No." I looked at him. "I broke up with her because I can't drag her down with me, Alec. I'm so fucking messed up and Naomi has already been through so much and I already know I'm gonna end up dying like this, but I can't stop and I can't have her with me when it happens!"

I went to turn away but Alec grabbed onto me, and took my face in his hands so he could make me look him in the eyes.

"If you are so scared that it's gonna kill you, let mum and dad put you in a facility where you get the help you need. The help you deserve."

"No!" I tried pushing him away but it wasn't working.

"Why not?"

"Because it scares me!" I yelled. "Everything fucking scares me, Alec!"

"And I get that. I'm scared too, but do you know why I'm scared?" He asked. "I am scared because my little sister is running around doing drugs. I'm terrified that I'm gonna have to bury my sister within the next year and I'm scared that you're gonna completely lose yourself and break."