11 - the maniac ANBU

—last chapter

"I wasn't home last night so yeah haha. Also did you guys have fun?" I asked the kids, they seemed to have lots to talk about.

"Alright alright! Tell me at the breakfast table, I hope you all didn't yet have your breakfast," I said, walking up the stairs.

"Yeah we had but couldn't much," Itachi said, breaking away his eye contact from somewhere to back to me.

- life of Y/n Namikaze-

~•━━━  🧸🍭🦋  ━━━•~

It's been days since the festival night

It's been days since the festival night. And also days since I last talked to both Itachi and Kakashi. They are probably on missions or maybe both were avoiding me. Both of them were weird before entirely disappearing for days and weeks now.

I watched as Naruto and Sasuke played with new other friends of theirs. It was quite a hot day but the kids were enough energized to not even notice. I sat under the shade of a nearby tree and rested with my eyes closed.

"Am I forgotten by you y/n," I smiled, recognizing the presence and voice. "Iruka, how am I suppose to forget you?" I patted beside me.

"How's your day's going and how's it like being a teacher?" I asked, opening one of my eyes and observing his expression shift. "Exhausting?" "It's fun until a problematic one comes along,"

"Well then best of luck for Naruto, he's almost there to you," I said, chuckling. He scratched his neck, sheepishly smiling. I sit straight, getting to catch up on things we missed out while he was busy with the academy and I was with my nephew.

At the middle of our conversation, Iruka stared at me for some minute,"What?" I hesitantly smiled. "What's ACTUALLY up? Tell me, I might be able to help," I couldn't hide my tensed eyes.

I paused for a while and he waited for me to ease up. The far away talks and giggles of the kids helped me loosen up and speak my heart out,"..like, you see," Iruka hummed, indicating for me to continue,"... nothing,"

Iruka didn't push be to open up. He asked me to talk, when I felt enough comfortable. We sat there, surrounding ourself with outside noise rather than our own talks.

"Ms. Namikaze," my head responded to the sudden presence beside me. "The Hokage is asking for you," The ANBU informed, I nodded and got up.

"Can you take Naruto back home with you? it's almost dusk," I requested to Iruka, to which he said he will. With that, I left with the ANBU. I walked down the hallway to the Hokage-sama's office.