Chapter Five

10 years ago

10 years ago

Jenny Price sat alone outside of Roosevelt High School in Sioux Falls, scribbling down notes in a worn out journal, the cap of a pen in her mouth.

Kids her age, older and younger walked past her without batting an eye, some of the girls giving her a snarky look as other boys gave her flirty ones, though she was too busy to notice.

Her hand started to cramp from writing, no ringing that some of the pen had smudged onto her left hand from writing sloppily and not how she usually would.

"What're you writing this time?" Jenny paused, looking up and squinting from the sun blasting in her eyes as a boy stood in front of her, a smile on his face.

"You know... The usual. How to get back at Sam for getting glue in my hair." Dean laughed and sat down next her her, leaning over to see what she was writing. Before he could, Jenny shut the book. "What are you doing here?"

"Dad's paying Bobby a visit. Needs some help on killing a we—" Dean paused for a moment before clearing his throat. "Wendigo."

"A wendigo? Nice. You guys staying very long?" Jenny asked, shoving her journal in her backpack as Dean sighed, shaking his head.

"No. Just thought I'd sneak away and pay you a visit before we left... Again." Jenny smiled at him, chuckling.

"Such a sweetheart. Well, school's over and I have some cash, you wanna stop at for ice cream?" Jenny swung her bag over her shoulder as Dean stood up, nodding.

"Sounds like a plan. Hot-blooded." Dean said as Jenny frowned in confusion.

"What?"

"One hundred and three." Dean's voice became disoriented as darkness swallowed her vision. "Hot-blooded."

The girl sucked in a sharp breath as her eyes snapped open, her neck sore from laying in an awkward position. She looked over to see Dean, who gave her a concerned look.

"You alright?" He asked, his gaze turning back to the road.

Jenny looked at the radio, which was currently playing Hot-Blooded by the Foreigners.

"Yeah. I'm okay." She mumbled in a groggy voice, rubbing her eyes and yawned. She sat up straighter, looking around to see they were still driving.

"Bad dream or something? Kind of jolted there." Dean said, tapping his thumb on the wheel.

"What? Oh, no. No it was nothing. Dreaming of an old memory." She sighed quietly, sinking into her seat and pulled out her phone.

November 10th

"Where are we?" Jenny asked, turning her head to see Sam passed out in the back. A solemn smile formed on her face before she looked at Dean.