Chapter Sixty-Six

Jenny had fallen asleep in the back of the Impala, an exorcism book laid open on her chest, using her flannel as a pillow

Dean had been following John for the last few hours, when the truck ahead suddenly swerved off the road. Dean turned hard, causing Jenny to flip and slam right into the front seat before falling on the ground.

"Whose dead?!" She yelled, waking up in a quick haze. She looked up to see Sam frowning down at her, watching as she struggled to get up. "You mind slowing down before you turn?" She continued, poking her head up from the back.

"Sorry. It was unexpected." Dean said before the three got out. John was cursing every word in the book, looking like he was close to punching something or someone.

"What's going on?" Jenny asked as she looked at John, who did end up kicking his wheel in anger.

"I just got a call from Caleb." He spat, talking as if it were a bad thing to hear from your friend.

"Is he okay?" Dean spoke, starting to look worried.

"He's fine... Jim Murphy's dead."

Jenny frowned again, raising a brow. "Pastor Jim?"

"How?" Sam said, his stance turning to even more worry.

"His throat was slashed. He bled out. Caleb said they found traces of sulfur at Jim's place." Jenny looked away for a moment, staring out into the field.

"So it's a demon." She stated the obvious, and John nodded in confirmation.

"The Demon?" Dean asked quietly, his father shaking his head.

"I don't know. Could be he just got careless, he slipped up. Maybe the demon knows we're getting close."

"What do we do?" Dean continued.

"Now we act like every second counts. There's two hospitals and a health centre in this county. We split up, cover more ground. I want records. I want a list of every infant that's going to be six months old in the next week." Jenny and Sam shared a quick look before turning back to John.

"So... You think the demon is coming back for round two?" She asked and John shrugged.

"I sure hope not, Jenny."

"Dad that could be dozens of kids. How do we know which one's the right one?" Sam frowned as his father turned to him.

"We check em all that's how. You got any better ideas?" There was a short moment of silence before Sam looked down.

"No sir."

"Then that's it. Jenny, you'll go with Dean. Sam, you're with me tomorrow." John nodded to them and they all went back to their respective cars. Jenny paused for a moment and turned around, looking back to see John leaning against his truck, looking like he was close to breaking.