Chapter Fourty-Four

doing my own take at a case bc only using transcripts is lame lmao

sorry if it sucks😻 Also ignore that when it's supposed to be Latin but it's written in English. Google ain't working for me rn and im not fluent in it 🥰

Jenny, Sam and Dean hadn't had a case in over a week since Max, which made the small group fairly anxious for a new one. Sam needed to do something to get his mind off of things, or a poor attempt to keep his nightmares away. Jenny kept staring at her hands most of the day, the sudden feeling of guilt had started to form in her gut.

Dean had been worried about the two for days. There wasn't much in Ohio for the three to do, so they mainly sat in the motel, waiting for their next case.

"Okay. I can't do this." Dean finally spoke after witnessing another silence episode from Jenny and Sam. The two looked over at him as he stood up, grabbing his car keys. "We're going to a bar."

"Dean I'm not really in the mood—"

"I don't really give a fuck, alright?" He interrupted his brother, who then turned to Jenny. "You two have been doing this whole— i'm so guilty shit for the last two weeks. I'm done with it! You two gotta get your minds off of things."

Jenny looked between the Winchester brothers before sighing quietly, nodding. "Alright. Fine. I could use a drink or two... or twenty." She mumbled under her breath, grunting as she sat up. "Can I drive?"

"No." The two brothers said in unison, making Jenny frown.

"Losers." She grumbled, joining Dean as he walked out of the motel room. Sam trudged after them, a mopey look on his face as he got into the passenger seat, Jenny sliding into the back as Dean hopped in front.

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The trio of Hunters walked into a local bar, which would sound like the start of a shitty joke, but they already looked like one so there wasn't a punchline. Jenny and Sam sat down at a table close to the door as Dean walked up to the bar, raising a hand over to the bartender before gesturing to his brother and girlfriend.

Jenny stared at the salt shaker, grabbing it and poured a small amount into her hand. She messed around with it as she waited for Dean to get back with whatever alcohol he could grab, while Sam looked at everyone around him.

"Did you get a vision of Max killing Dean?" Jenny asked out if the blue, Sam's eyes widening as he looked at her.

"How did you know that?" He questioned. Jenny stayed quiet for a moment, looking up at him through her lashes.

"That's why I did it." Sam frowned in confusion as Jenny tossed the salt over her shoulder, folding her hands together. "I saw Max kill Dean."

"What?" Jenny shrugged, shaking her head.

"I feel like it was just a scenario. But it felt—" She fell quiet for a moment. "It felt so real I thought it actually happened. And— And when I realized it didn't... I didn't want to take any chances and... And I killed Max to save Dean."