Chapter Sixteen

"There is absolutely nothing local about any Mary that has died in front of a mirror

"There is absolutely nothing local about any Mary that has died in front of a mirror. So yeah, nationwide." Jenny pinned a news article to the wall in their motel, putting her hands on her hips as Dean and Sam hummed.

"The way Mary's choosing her victims, it seems like there's a pattern."

"I know, I was thinking the same thing." Dean walked over to the wall, shrugging.

"With mister Shoemaker and Jill's hit and run."

"Both had huge secrets where people died." Jenny spoke softly as Sam nodded in confirmation.

"Right. I mean there's a lot of folklore about mirrors-that they reveal all your lies, all your secrets, that they're a true reflection of your soul, which is why it's bad luck to break them." Sam explained as Jenny nodded.

"I might never walk in front of a mirror again after this." She muttered to herself, chewing on her thumb nail.

"Right, right. So maybe if you've got a secret, I mean like a really nasty one where someone died, then Mary sees it, and punishes you for it." Jenny's eyes flickered over at the two boys, her thumb planted between her teeth before looking back at the wall before either could notice.

"Yep. Definitely never looking in a mirror again..." Jenny brushed past Dean and grabbed the picture she had just pinned. The dead woman in the photo laid in a pool of blood in front of a mirror. "Mary Worthington. Fort Wayne, Indiana."

Dean grabbed another photo related to the crime scene, looking at it with Sam. "Looks like she tried to write something before she died."

"Her murder is unsolved." He looked at Sam, who was looking at Jenny.

"I say we check it out. Maybe she's our ghost." Jenny looked to the boys, who nodded.

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Jenny opened the doors to a detective agency, Sam and Dean walking in and she followed behind, scanning the office.

"Can I help you three?" An older man behind a desk asked as Jenny looked over at the two boys next to her, nodding.

"Yeah uh... We're reporters digging up unsolved murder cases and we came across this uh— pretty odd one. It caught our eye... Mary Worthington?" The man's face looked as if he had seen a ghost, and cleared his throat.

"I was on the job for 35 years-detective for most of that. Now everybody packs it in with a few loose ends, but the Mary Worthington murder—that one still gets me." The detective said as Jenny gave herself a pat on the back for finding the right guy.

"What exactly happened?" Dean asked, tilting his head towards the detective, who looked at them.

"You lot said you were reporters?" He asked. They nodded.