Chapter Nine

warning: Jenny is low-key dumb towards the end but for good reason so I don't wanna hear it

Jenny stood next to Dean as he and Sam talked to Andrea.

"He hasn't talked to anyone, even me. Not since his fathers accident." Andrea looked like she was on the verge of tears, Dean clicking his tongue.

"Yeah... We heard. Sorry." Dean gave her a solemn glance as she nodded.

"What did the doctors say?" Sam asked, looking over at Lucas.

"That it's some kind of post-traumatic stress."

"That can't be easy. For either of you." Sam continued as Andrea scoffed a laugh, sniffling.

"We moved in with my dad. He helps out a lot. It's just...when I think about what Lucas went through, what he saw..." There was a pause from the group.

"Kids are strong. You'd be surprised by what they can deal with." Dean smiled, and Lucas ran over to the group, holding a paper.

"You know, he used to have such life. He was hard to keep up with, to tell you the truth. Now he just sits there. Drawing those pictures, playing with those army men. I just wish— Hey sweetie." Andrea smiled softly at her son, who tugged on Jenny's coat. The woman looked down, taking the paper he handed her.

"Hey. Thanks, Lucas." She smiled at the boy, who then walked back to the bench. Jenny turned to Dean, looking down to see the drawing was the Carlton house.

Jenny paused, slowly looking back at Lucas with a soft frown.

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Dean and Jenny were sitting down on the bed together, their arms barely touching as Dean looked over her shoulder at the newspaper in her hand, scanning over the lines. Sam walked into the motel a few moments later, sighing loudly.

"I think we can rule out Nessie." The two in the bed looked over at the younger Winchester with a confused frown.

"Why's that?" Jenny asked, setting the newspaper on the nightstand.

"I just drove past the Carlton house. There was an ambulance there. Will Carlton is dead." Jenny's eyes widened in shock, sitting up quickly.

"What?"

"He drowned?" Dean asked as Sam nodded.

"In the sink." Dean looked at Jenny, who slowly looked over at the sink in the bathroom with mild concern.

"What the hell? So you're right, this isn't a creature. We're dealing with something else." Dean stated-the-obvious, getting off the bed.