Chapter Eighteen

Jenny, Dean and Sam had found their way to another house

Jenny, Dean and Sam had found their way to another house. A man had been thrown in the back of a patrol car, and Jenny and Sam were digging through the trash.

After gagging at the horrid stench, Jenny dropped the lid on the trash can, which wafted the sent right back into her face, causing her to gag again. "God, what died in that?" She asked, swatting the smell away as Sam chuckled.

"It's not that bad." He argued as Jenny's hands slapped her sides as she scoffed, shaking her head. Just then, Dean rounded the corner, a look on his face that definitely said something was up.

"Remember when I said this wasn't our kind of problem?" He started, Sam spinning around as Jenny put her hands on her hips.

"Let me guess... My shapeshifter guess was right?" She tilted her head as Dean rolled his eyes, nodding. The girl grinned and clapped her hands together. "Hot damn! I knew it."

"What did you find out?" Sam asked, ignoring Jenny's victory shimmy. Dean raised his brows at the dancing woman, who then cleared her throat and went back to standing awkwardly.

"Well... I just talked to the patrolman who was first on the scene, heard this guy, Alex's story. Apparently the dude was driving home from a business trip when his wife was attacked." Jenny walked forward to stand next to Sam, her arms now crossed.

"So... Definitely a shapeshifter going around the neighborhood." She hummed as Sam looked down at her. Dean nodded in agreement.

"Let me ask you this— in all this shapeshifter lore, can any of them fly?" Sam asked as Jenny looked up at him, shaking her head.

"Not from the stuff I've read. But some can run pretty fast." She raised a finger in the air as Sam walked away, Dean and Jenny following.

"I picked up a trail here. Someone ran out the back of this building and headed off this way." Sam pointed to the backyard and Jenny looked at where he pointed, crossing her arms.

"Just like your friends house." Dean spoke up as Sam huffed.

"Yeah. And, just like at Zack's house, the trail suddenly ends. I mean, whatever it is just disappeared." Jenny slowly turned to look at Dean, who seemed to have the same thought as she did.

"Well... There's always a few ways to go." Her head dropped down as Sam have her a puzzled look, turning to his brother, who then looked at the manhole a few feet away from them.

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Jenny slapped her flashlight against her hand, groaning in frustration as it flickered.

"Dead?" Dean asked as she hummed, unscrewing the bottom of the flashlight as took out the batteries, digging through her jean pocket and pulled out a new pair.

"And you always question why I keep batteries in my pockets." She waved the flashlight in Dean's face. "This is your answer."

"Yeah yeah whatever." Dean grumbled, watching Jenny turn the flashlight on and snicker. Jenny suddenly froze in her tracks, aiming her flashlight at a pile of something that definitely used to be human.