Chapter Sixty-One

Jenny stared at the newspaper clipping with the painting, hands covering the lower part of her face as she examined it slowly

Jenny stared at the newspaper clipping with the painting, hands covering the lower part of her face as she examined it slowly. "I'm telling you man, I'm sure of it. The painting at the auction house, Dad is looking down. Painting here, Dad's looking out. The painting has changed." Sam stated the obvious as Jenny stayed quiet, staring at the eyes of the little girl.

"All right, so you think that Daddy dearest is trapped in the painting and is handing out Columbian neckties like he did with his family?" Dean joked as Jenny raised the newspaper closer to her, glaring at the painting as if something would change.

"Maybe... If his bones weren't already dusted than we'd be on our way back to Kansas." Jenny grumbled, dropping the news clipping back on the table. He eyes continued to linger on the little girl in the painting, eyeing her suspiciously. "That girl freaks me out."

"Well if Isaiah has changed then... Maybe something else changed in the painting. It could give us some clues." Dean said.

"What, like a Da Vinci Code deal?" Sam asked

Dean gave Sam a blank look. "I don't....know. uhh...I'm still waiting for the movie on that one... Anyway, we gotta get back in and see that painting." He stood up from his chair and moved to the bed, flipping down onto his back. "Which is a good thing cause you can get some more time to crush on your girlfriend." Dean joked as Sam turned to Dean angrily.

"Dude. Enough already."

"What?" Dean frowned as if it wasn't obvious enough.

"What? Ever since we got here, you been trying to pimp me out to Sarah. Just back off, all right?"

"Well, you like her don't you?" Sam raised his hands to the ceiling, looking up in annoyance. "All right, you like her, she likes you, you're both consenting adults—" Jenny turned to Dean with wide eyes, giving him a warning look as he shrugged it off.

"What's the point, Dean? We'll just leave. We always leave." Sam raised his voice, causing Jenny to sink in her chair slightly.

"Well I'm not talking about marriage, Sam."

Sam gave his brother an agitated look, shaking his head. "You know, I don't get it. What do you care if I hook up?"

"Cause then maybe you wouldn't be so cranky all the time." Dean spoke calmly, gesturing to his brother.

Sam stared at him for a moment, hugging and turned away. Jenny pressed her lips together awkwardly, attempting to act like she wasn't hearing them by staring at the painting.

Dean sighed, scratching the back of his head as he sat up. "You know, seriously Sam, this isn't about just hooking up, okay? I mean, I— I think that this Sarah girl could be good for you."

"And... I don't mean any disrespect but I'm sure this is about Jessica, right? Now I don't know what it's like to lose somebody like that..." Dean suddenly trailed off when Sam looked over at Jenny, Dean's gaze following to her. He was quiet for a moment, shaking his head to clear the negative thoughts. "But... I would think that she would want you to be happy." Dean spoke in a soft voice, tilting his head towards his brother. Jenny stayed quiet, awkwardly watching the interaction.