Chapter Fourty-Eight

THENten years ago

THEN
ten years ago

Jennifer's birthday was just around the corner. At times like this, she wished her family was with her. And since she didn't have friends for a sweet 16, her and Bobby just stayed up all night watching Nightmare on Elm Street and other horror-related movies they could laugh at for not being accurate in the slightest.

The night before she was going to turn seventeen, a letter came in the mail addressed to her. Neither her or Bobby had a clue as to who it could be from, since she didn't go to school and therefore, never gave her address to anyone she was a stranger to.

She didn't recognize the handwriting, but was silently hoping it was Sam or Dean, or maybe both since she hadn't seen them in a few weeks. But, upon reading the first word, her eyes were wide with shock.

It was her brother. The brother that hasn't attempted to find her, or made the decision to contact her since he ran off after their grandma died.

Jenny-B.
I know it's been a while. And I know you probably hate me for leaving. But I figured you might want to know if I was dead or not. If this letter ever gets to you, then I probably am. I'm writing this one year after you went to live with Bobby Singer. I don't know what he's teaching you, but I hope you know about the supernatural. I found a Hunter a few weeks ago, after almost getting killed by a wendigo, whatever the hell that it, and he's been teaching me how to hunt. If this message has gotten to you, there will be another letter in the mail for you... soon. I'm not to sure when. But I want you to know, I love you. And I'm sorry for what I've done. I hope that you'll forgive me for what I' m going to do.
Your brother, Nate

And for the last ten years, that had been the only thing that reminded Jenny she had a brother. And his name has been remembered as Nathaniel Price. A warrior that didn't stop fighting.

A warrior that hasn't stopped fighting.

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Considering the fact that Jenny had never talked about a brother or ever brought up the name, Sam and Dean had come to the conclusion that it was just as hard of a topic to talk about as their mothers death was. Though Jenny wasn't sure if her brother was dead or not, she'd rather assume he was dead since she never got that second letter.

Now, the trio had bought some very poorly made costumes to disguise themselves as employees of an alarm system company. Dean was wearing a jean hat backwards, Jenny having her ponytail sticking through the hole in the back, looking at herself in the mirror.

"Do you think I should get bangs?" She asked, flipping her ponytail over her head and across her forehead, playing around with it. Dean peeked around from the trunk, frowning at her.