Chapter Nineteen

THENOne year ago

THEN
One year ago

Jenny sat on a lounge chair outside her motel room, leg bouncing up and down in anticipation as she waited impatiently for that familiar Impala to roll up in front of her.

She kept checking her phone every two minutes before groaning in frustration and stood up, walking back into the motel. She pulled out a beer from the mini fridge, popping the cap off on the counter, catching it before it could fall to the ground.

She turned away from the window, taking a long sip of the beer and sighed in annoyance. She muttered something incoherent, looking down at her contacts.

Dean sat at the top, a message from forty-five minutes ago telling her they found another body. It had been silent since.

John was right under, the last text he had sent her being from two weeks ago about grabbing the three of them food. He never updated her on where he and Dean were.

Her phone buzzed, and Jenny set her beer down as Dean called her. "It's about fucking time." She answered, pacing back and forth. Dean let out a pained noise, Jenny's worries suddenly amping. "Dean?"

Silence. Then a yell of pain. "Dean?!"

The call fell silent.

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

NOW

Jenny sat across from Dean at an outdoor café, Sam stood a few paces away from them, talking on a pay phone. A waitress walked over with three mugs, handing Jenny her cup of coffee, and set Dean and Sam's down before walking away.

"This pie... Wow." Dean looked down at the menu in front of him before turning it to Jenny, who leaned forward to get a better look.

"Eight bucks for a single slice? You'd be better off eating some out of the trash." Jenny frowned as Dean scoffed, shaking his head.

"Pie is pie, Jen. And I love all kinds." Dean smirked as she hummed, leaning back in the metal chair.

"Except for pumpkin." The two said in unison, though Jenny said it a little softer than Dean, who grimaced at the thought of pumpkin pie. Dean opened up Sam's computer, typing something in. Jenny sighed quietly, folding her menu and set it off to the side.

"Your, uh, half-caf, double vanilla latte is gettin' cold over here, Francis." Dean joked to Sam, who finally hung up the phone and walked over to the two.

"Bite me." Sam responded as Jenny chuckled, sipping her coffee.

"Don't tempt him." She giggled as Dean shot her a glare, and she winked. Dean paused for a moment before shaking his head, turning to Sam.