Chapter Fifty-Seven

Sam let out a small laugh as he looked at his computer

Sam let out a small laugh as he looked at his computer. "So, Jenny was right."

"I'm always right." She commented, looking up from her Latin book to smile at Sam. Dean looked at her, then leaned forward slightly to read the book.

"Are you reading Latin?" He asked as she nodded.

"I can read it faster than English." Dean's brows raised as Sam shook his head. "Anyways, what was I right about?"

"The Shtriga. It wasn't easy to find, but they feed off of spiritus vitae."

"Spir—what?" Dean asked, Jenny closing her book.

"Vitae. Latin. Means "Breath of life." She said, scooting up on the bed.

"Didn't the doctor say the kids' bodies were wearing out?" Jenny nodded at Dean's question, standing up from the bed.

"It's a thought. you know she takes your vitality maybe your immunity goes to hell, pneumonia takes hold. Anyway, shtrigas can feed off anyone but they prefer..." Sam trailed off, Jenny looking over at him

"Children." Dean and Jenny finished, the two brothers watching Jenny write something in her journal.

"You write in that a lot." Dean pointed out, Jenny looking up at him, shrugging.

"Yeah. Kinda like my version of a Hunter's journal. It has all the cases we've gone on since we got Sam." Dean hummed.

"Yeah. Anyways... Children have stronger life force. And get this. Shtrigas are '...invulnerable to all weapons devised by God and man.'" Sam read in his computer as Jenny clasped her journal shut, shoving it in her duffle bag.

"No, that's not right. She's vulnerable when she feeds." Dean corrected, Sam tilting his head.

"What?"

"If you catch her when she's eating you can blast her with consecrated wrought iron. Uh... buckshots or rounds I think."

"How do you know that?" Sam questioned, Dean shrugging it off.

"Dad told me. I remember."

"Oh. Huh. So uh, anything else Dad might have mentioned?"

"Nope, that's it." Sam kept staring at his brother for a moment, Jenny looking between them oddly. "What?"

Sam shook his head. "Nothing. Okay. So, assuming we can kill it when it eats we still gotta find the thing first, which ain't gonna be a cakewalk." Sam continued on as Jenny nodded

"Shtriga's like to disguise themselves as humans when they're not hunting."

"What kinda human disguise?" Dean asked, looking at Jenny.

"Historically, something innocuous. Could be anything, but it's usually a feeble old woman, which might be how the witches as old crones legend got started." Sam added in. Dean paused for a moment, thinking.