Chapter Twenty-Nine

Jenny sat criss-crossed on her motel bed, reading through John's journal with a focused frown

Jenny sat criss-crossed on her motel bed, reading through John's journal with a focused frown. "This guy writes like a caveman." She commented as Sam and Dean turned and looked at her. In the last week, she hadn't found anything that could help the three track down the missing Winchester.

"You know, maybe we should call the Feds. File a missing persons report?" Jenny and Dean frowned at Sam's suggestion, which he had been saying for the last month since they started going back on cases together.

"We've talked about this. Dad would kill us if we had the Feds on his ass." Dean waved his hand around as Jenny shut the journal, tossing it to the side.

Sam shrugged. "I don't care anymore." On the other side of the motel, Dean's phone started to ring. Dean got up, walking over to his duffel bag that sat next to Jenny's feet. "After all that happened back in Kansas, I mean...he should've been there, Dean. You said so yourself. You tried to call him and...nothing." Sam furrowed his brows.

"I know!" Dean snapped, Jenny looked down at him. Dean groaned, rummaging through his bag. "Where the hell is my cellphone?"

"Front pocket." Jenny muttered and Dean looked up at her for a moment before opening the front pocket of his duffle bag, pulling out his phone.

"He could be dead, for all we know." Jenny's eyes widened as Dean stood up, pointing angrily at Sam.

"Don't say that! He's not dead. He's not— He—" Jenny paused as she went to stand up and comfort him, looking back over at Sam before staying in her spot, sinking deeper into the bed.

Dean flicked his phone opened, scoffing in disbelief. "I don't believe it." Dean mumbled, Jenny frowning up at him.

"What is it?"

"It's uh— it's a text message. Coordinates." He waved his phone before walking over to Sam, taking his computer.

Jenny stood up, walking over to stand behind Dean, leaning over his head to watch him type the coordinates into the search bar.

"You think Dad is texting us?" Sam frowned as Jenny shrugged.

"He's given us coordinates before, hasn't he?"

"Jenny, he can barely work a toaster." She frowned at Sam as he raised his brows, hoping she would recall the one time John had set a toaster on fire trying to make toast for them.

"Sam, it's good news! It means Dad is alive." Dean interjected into the conversation as Jenny looked at what popped up onto the screen. Rockford, Illinois.

"Hey, I know a kid there." She smiled softly as Dean frowned, looking back at her.

"You do?" Jenny nodded, not going into any further detail as Sam looked between the two.

"Where do the coordinates point?" He asked as Dean clicked his tongue.

"That's the interesting part. Rockford, Illinois."