Chapter Forty

here's a warning/apology for how bad the smut will be LMAO

"So we're dealing with a racist truck that no one has seen since the 60's." Jenny said, holding her heels as she, Sam and Dean walked back to the impala. She pressed her lips firmly together.

"You two ever hear of the flying dutchman?" Dean asked as Jenny stopped walking, which in turn made Sam and Dean stop to turn to her.

"Are we talking Pirates of the Caribbean, Spongebob Squarpants, or 17th century Dutch merchantman?" Sam and Dean looked at one another, and Jenny shrugged. "Look, if you ask me what I've heard of that's been real and on a fictional movie or tv show, I'm gonna ask which one you're talking about."

"The 17th century one, Jen." Dean frowned as she smiled, nodding.

"Well then I know way more about that one." Sam frowned at her, shaking his head as they started walking again.

"Well— What do you know?" Dean looked between Sam and Jenny, waiting to see who spoke first in the topic.

"The oldest extant version of the legend has been dated to the late 18th century." Jenny started as Sam opened his mouth to speak, shutting it quickly. "But basically, the captain of the ship was tied to the Flying Dutchman... Basically became a part of him."

"Yeah. So what if we're dealing with the same thing? You know, a phantom truck, an extension of some bastard's ghost, re-enacting past crimes." Sam shrugged at Dean's idea, nodding.

"I mean... The victims have all been black men." Sam mentioned, looking to Dean and Jenny.

"Yeah, but they also are in connection to Cassie and her family. Maybe it has something to do with that?" Jenny suggested, Dean looking over at her.

"We could look into it." He spoke up, Jenny turning to look at him, shrugging. Sam looked between the two, bossing slowly in realization

"Yeah. Uh— Sure. We could head back to the motel. See what we can find online." Dean nodded as they walked up to the Impala.

"Actually. I think I'm going to try and talk to Cassie, if that's alright with you two? And if she doesn't say much, well... You two got the internet." Dean gave his brother a threatening, knowing look as Jenny cleared her throat, getting into the car quickly.

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

After dropping Sam off and going back to the motel, Jenny sat on the bed while Dean sat at a table, the two on laptops, looking through what they could find on Cassie's family.

"Why are you so interested in Cassie?" Dean spoke up after a few minutes of them being silent, Jenny shrugged, shaking her head.