Chapter Twenty-Six

Jenny, Sam and Dean stood in front of one of the university's professors in his office, who examined the bones with a concentrated frown

"So... You three are students?" He asked, looking at the trio, who smiled softly.

"Yeah. Yeah um— we're in your class... Anthro 101?" Sam spoke, unsure if the professor would believe him.

"Right..." He said quietly, setting the skull down in the box.

"So uh.. What about the bones, professor?" Dean asked with a smile, brows raised slightly.

"This is quite an interesting find you've made. I'd say they're 170 years old, give or take. The timeframe and the geography heavily suggest Native American." The professor hummed, picking up another bone.

"What about the lands? We're there any kinds of tribes around here?" Jenny shoved her hands into the pockets of her jacket, rolling on her heels.

"Not according to the historical record. But the, uh, relocation of native peoples was quite common at that time." He set the bone down back in the box.

"Right. Well, are there any local legends? Oral histories about the area?" Jenny snickered quietly at Sam's words, Dean raising a brow at her.

"Oral." She muttered, humming in amusement as Dean rolled his eyes, turning back to the professor.

"Well... you know, there's a Euchee tribe in Sapulpa. It's about sixty miles from here. Someone out there might know the truth." The Hunters nodded as the professor closed the box, sliding it over his desk. "Those bones should go into a museum."

Jenny grabbed the box, sucking in a breath. "Maybe it's best they just be buried the right way." The three walked out of the office, heading down the hallway.

"All right. So we talk to the Euchee tribe, see if they know anything about these bones. Then what?" Sam asked as Jenny shrugged.

"Find out if these bones have anything to do with bugs. Maybe burn them if necessary. Or, give them a proper burial." She suggested, pausing for a moment as she wobbled, groaning in annoyance. "Are the heels really that necessary? I mean, we just posed as college students that look like they're CEO's."

Dean chuckled, shrugging. "I think they suit you." Jenny deadpanned at him, her shoulders dropping.

"Yeah. If you like girls with broken ankles." They continued in their walk.

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The three had entered a diner in Oklahoma, now dressed in casual clothing, looking around before spotting a Native American man playing cards.

"Joe White Tree?" Jenny called out and the man looked up, nodding. "Hi. Uh— we're here to just ask you a few questions, if you don't mind?" The man looked between the three and Dean cleared his throat.