Chapter Thirty-Six

Jenny stood next to Dean, examining the taser he handed her as he slammed the trunk shut

Jenny stood next to Dean, examining the taser he handed her as he slammed the trunk shut. Sam looked up at his brother from looking at the taser, a frown on his face.

"What do you got these amped up to?" He asked, Dean smirking.

"A hundred thousand volts." Jenny paused with wide eyes, moving her hand further away from her body. "Yeah, I want this rawhead extra frickin' crispy. And remember, you only get one shot with these things. So make it count."

After a few short minutes, the trio of Hunters made their way down into the basement of an abandoned house, gripping their tasers.

A noise from one of the cupboards alerted the three, Jenny slowly walking over, pulling out her gun. She flew the cupboard door open, pausing when it was two children hiding.

"Is it still here?" Sam asked, the two nodding. He outstretched his hand, to which the little girl took. "Let's get you two out of here."

The three moved to the stairs as Jenny walked back over to Dean, looking around slowly. Suddenly, a hand had caused Sam to fall from the stairs, the boy and girl screaming and bolting up.

"Sam!" Dean yelled, the two running to the young Winchester. Dean shot his taser at whatever had grabbed Sam, missing. "Sam, get them outta here!"

Sam scrambled back up the stairs, tossing his taser to Dean before moving the children out of sight.

Jenny pulled her flashlight out, separating from Dean. She looked around in high alert, gripping her taser tightly. "Come on" Dean yelled from the other side, Jenny spinning around.

"Dean!" She yelled as a ragged looking ghost appeared behind Dean. He turned around only to be thrown into a wall, losing his flashlight and taser. Jenny ran over, shooting at it but had missed as it moved out of the way. Jenny's eyes widened in horror as the ends of the taser fell into a puddle of water Dean and the ghost were laying in.

"No!" Jenny dropped the taser in horror, turning her head to the stairs. "Sam!" Her voice shattered, turning back to Dean and ran over to him. She pulled him out of the puddle, tears flowing up as she cradled him, holding his face. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, Dean."

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

At the hospital, Jenny's leg bounced up and down as her hands covered her face. Sam was busy talking to a doctor, and after a few minutes, he sat down next to Jenny.

"Is he okay?" She asked, her hands dropping into her lap. Sam stayed quiet for a moment, sighing.

"The electrocution.. It caused a heart attack... Dean—" Sam's voice broke, shaking his head. "He barely has a month left."

Jenny pressed her lips together as tears blinded her, and she shook her head. "This is my fault. Oh my god... It's—" She broke into a soft sob, covering her face again as Sam shook his head, hugging her tightly.