Chapter Fourty-One

Jenny seated herself next to Dean in the newspaper's office, declining another cup of tea from Cassie, who then handed it to Dean

Jenny seated herself next to Dean in the newspaper's office, declining another cup of tea from Cassie, who then handed it to Dean. He seemed reluctant to take it, taking a sip before setting it down.

"So I'm trying to find some link between those killings back in the '60s and what's going on now. There wasn't a lot about it in the paper.

"Not surprising. Probably minimal policework too. Back then equal justice under the law wasn't too literal around here." Cassie sat down next to Jenny, who rummaged through her bag, pulling out a leather-bound journal. She grabbed a pen from the desk, clicking it as she started writing down. Cassie leaned over to read, Jenny slapping the book shut and eyeing her as Dean's phone rang.

"Yeah. Alright hold on." Dean put his phone on speaker, setting it down on the table. "Go."

"Ok, the courthouse records show that Mr and Mrs Mayor bought an abandoned property. The previous owner was the Dorian family for, like, 150 years." Sam's voice rang through the phone.

"Dorian?" Dean frowned, looking at the computer.

"Yeah."

Jenny turned to Cassie. "Isn't the Dorian family the one that owned the paper?" She asked, the other woman nodding.

"Along with everything else around here. Real pillars of the town." She spoke sarcastically, turning to the computer in front of Jenny as she started to type something.

Jenny hummed, her brows furrowed as Dean leaned over, reading the link she clicked on. "Interesting." Dean mumbled.

"What's you find?"

"Cyrus Dorian. He vanished in April of '63. The case was investigated but never solved. It was right around the time the string of murders was going on back then." Dean said, continuing to read the news link.

"Well I pulled a bunch of papers up on the Dorian place, it musta been in bad shape when the Mayor bought."

"How so?" Jenny held her frown, still staring at the computer screen.

"The first thing he did was bulldoze the place."

"Mayor Todd knocked down the Dorian place?" Dean turned to Cassie, who nodded.

"It was a big deal. One of the oldest houses left. He made the front page."

"You got a date?" Jenny asked, opening a new tab.

"Ahhh." Silence for a moment before Sam cleared his throat. "The 3rd of last month." Jenny searched again, clicking the first link she found.

"Mayor Todd bulldozed the Dorian family home on the 3rd." Dean read, turning to Jenny

"The first killing was the very next day."

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Jenny, Sam and Dean were all back at the motel. Jenny was once again scribbling into her journal, clasping it shut after a few minutes before slide her computer over. "So, obviously it's the vengeful spirit of Cyrus. Question remains: where the hell is he?"