Chapter Thirty-Four

Jenny and Dean had spent most of their time on the road singing to whatever music Dean put on

Jenny and Dean had spent most of their time on the road singing to whatever music Dean put on. It was mainly Led Zepplin or Kansas, but Jenny didn't seem to mind.

They had finally gotten to Indiana, where Dean had pulled up to a local café. The two got out of the Impala and walked up to the porch. A man sat by a table, Jenny gesturing to Dean that she was going to head inside.

"You want some coffee?" She asked, looking fairly tired. Dean nodded, walking to the man as Jenny headed inside.

The strong scent of coffee was practically a wake-up call for the Hunter, her eyes widened slightly as she trudged too the counter. A woman around her age, maybe older, gave her a smile, leaning against the counter. "What can I get for you, doll?"

"Oh, people do talk like that." Jenny mumbled quietly, clearing her throat. "Uh— Two coffees, black, but could you spike one with a bunch of espresso? Thank you." The woman nodded, walking over to a coffee machine as Jenny looked around, patting her hands on the countertop.

"You a traveler?" Jenny turned her head to see a man looking at her strangely. She looked around in a small hope he was talking to someone else, nodding.

"Uh, yeah... My friend and I are looking for our friends." Jenny fumbled through her jacket, pulling out a small picture and showed it to the man. "They went missing last year and uh—"

"Sorry, sweetheart. People don't usually come around here." Jenny frowned, hiding the picture back in her pocket.

"Is the coffee for here or to go?" The lady said, Jenny looking to her.

"To go. Thanks." She turned back to the man. He stayed quiet, sipping his coffee as the woman handed Jenny two cups. She pulled out a few dollars, handing it to the woman. "You can keep the change. Have a good one." Jenny walked out quickly, noticing Dean standing by the Impala.

She gave a small smile to the man sitting at the table before heading to Dean, giving him his coffee. He took a small sip, retching at the taste. "Is there espresso in this?"

"Shit. Sorry." She flipped the two coffees, taking her's from Dean. "Did he say much?" Dean shook his head, sipping his coffee.

"Nope. But he's a classic rock fan." He grinned as Jenny frowned at him. "Right— Uh just said people don't usually pass 'round here."

"Yeah... Some guy in the café said the same thing." The two got into the Impala, driving away.

"Maybe they didn't pass through here?" Jenny suggested as Dean shook his head.

"Nah. Dad said all three couples came to Burkittsville and never left. Can't be a coincidence." Jenny shrugged as she sipped her coffee.

"Well. You know what they say about three's." She turned to Dean, who gave her an odd look.