Chapter Six

Jenny's mind couldn't erase the claw marks she had seen on Mr

Jenny's mind couldn't erase the claw marks she had seen on Mr. Shaw's neck. After listening to the story of how his parents had been killed, something clicked inside her mind that the monster was obviously human.

"I think I have a small idea about what we're hunting... But i can't remember that it's name for the life of me." Her words were partially slurred as Dean handed her a water bottle, to which she drank slowly.

"It's fine, Jen. We'll figure it out. For now, I need sleep if we're going back out there tomorrow." Dean said as he clapped his hands together. "You can take the bed tonight, Jen."

"Nah 's fine. Couch looks comfy." Jenny stood up with a slight wobble, frowning. "I don't remember feeling this drunk."

"Well it does sink in after a while. And you had more shots when Dean wasn't looking." Dean's eyes widened as he turned to Jenny, who smiled innocently.

"Oh, you go three weeks without actual alcohol." Jenny waved him off before collapsing onto the bed, knocked out cold.

Sam sighed, looking at her as Dean picked her up, setting her the right way. "She's changed." Sam commented with a soft chuckle as Dean nodded.

"Yeah. She hasn't been herself for the last few months." Dean started, taking one of the blankets from the couch and throwing it over Jenny.

"What do you mean?" Sam frowned in confusion as Dean shook his head.

"Not my place to tell." Dean sat down next to Jenny, staring down at her with a solemn look. Dean looked over at his brother, who watched him suspiciously. "What?"

Sam shrugged, pressing his lips together in a fine line. "Nothing. Just... Haven't seen you like this before." Dean raised a brow at Sam, who sighed and went back to his work without another word.

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Jenny's head throbbed as she walked into the woods with Sam, Dean, Haley, Ben and Roy leading them. Sam was carrying a duffel bag of weapons, looking around as if waiting for something to attack them.

"So, Roy. You said you did a little hunting? What kind of furry critters do you hunt?" Dean asked as Roy shrugged, watching his surroundings carefully.

"Mostly buck, sometimes bear." Roy answered as Dean started walking past him.

"Tell me, uh, Bambi or Yogi ever hunt you back?" Dean gave Roy a snarky smile, who grabbed him, forcing him to stop. "Whatcha doing, Roy?"

The older man grabbed a stick, poking it into the ground as a bear trap sprung up, snapping the stick like a twig. Jenny's eyes widened at how close Dean's foot was the the trap, realizing that if hale had taken another step, the stick would have been his leg.