Chapter Thirty-Eight

Jenny, Sam and Dean sat at the round table in silence

Jenny, Sam and Dean sat at the round table in silence. It had been like that for the last five minutes since Sam had asked the dumb "it's THE grim reaper" question. Because no. It wasn't.

"You think he shoulda been working the whole black robe thing?....You said it yourself that the clock stopped right? Reapers stop time. And you can only see 'em when they're coming at you which is why I could see it and you couldn't." Dean informed as Jenny leaned back in her chair, trying to think of how Roy was controlling the Reaper. Her eyes widened in realization.

"There's nothing else it could be Sam. The question is how is Roy controlling the damn thing?" Dean scratched his head as Jenny continued to stare off.

"The cross." She and Sam spoke in unison, the two looking at one another for a moment as Dean rolled his eyes.

"How do you guys always know what the fuck is going on?" He complained as Jenny shrugged, smirking as she played with the corner of a paper.

"Guess you didn't read as much."

"I don't read."

"My point exactly—"

"Guys." Jenny and Dean turned to Sam, who was frowning at them. He held out a card, flipping it around to show them. Death.

"A tarot reading? Damn, you really are playing this psychic thing out." Jenny snorted, Sam glaring at her.

"A tarot dates back to the early christian era, right, when some priests were still using magic? And a few of them veered into the dark stuff? Necromancy and how to push death away, how to cause it?" Jenny crossed her arms, shrugging.

"Well, yes. So, what. Roy is a witch?" Dean rose from his chair, setting his cup in the sink then leaned against it.

"If he is he's riding the whirlwind. It's like putting a dog leash on a great white." Sam frowned as he set the tarot card down. Dean cleared his throat, sighing.

"Then we need to stop Roy." Jenny looked over at him, eyes wide.

"How?" Sam asked, turning around to face his brother.

"Dean—"

"The guy is playing God, Jen. He's deciding whose dying, whose living. That's a monster in my book." Dean crossed his arms as Sam whipped around to face Jen.

"Wait— You want to kill Roy? Dean, if we do that— we're no better than he is." Sam argued as Jenny gestured to the younger Winchester, slapping her hand in the table.

"Sam is right, Dean. We aren't killing Roy." Dean frowned at the two, shaking his head. "Look. If Roy is using some dark magic to keep use the reaper like a kill dog... Then there's gotta be something to break him free, right?" Dean rolled his eyes, nodding slowly.

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Dean tried to drive slowly down the potholes and gravelly road, pulling back up to the tent. An odd shiver ran up Jenny's spine, causing her to shudder.