Chapter Fourty-Two

THENThree and a Half years ago

THEN
Three and a Half years ago

Bobby slowly walked into Jenny's room, noticing her sleeping in the cubby of her window, face turned to the world outside.

Two weeks it had been since Leo went off to fight that case. And it was no use trying to get Jenny to go after him, since the monster he was chasing was the same creature that killed her parents. And maybe it had killed him, too.

The full moon had come and gone, and with Leo still not back, Jenny assumed the worst. She didn't want to read the newspaper, give Leo a funeral with no body to bury. The only thing left to do was hope.

"Jennifer..." Bobby spoke softly, walking into her bedroom. He sat down across from her, a solemn look on his face as he placed a hand on the girls shoulder, shaking her gently. "Jenny."

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked around, half-expecting Leo to be the one waking her up. Her hopes were quickly scrambled to the ground when she saw Bobby, and the face he wore.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, her brows furrowed up as she gave him a shattered look. Jenny oh nodded, looking back out the window.

"Who found him?" She asked, pulling her knees to her chest and hugging them. Bobby sighed, looking at the ground.

"Rufus. I told him not to go after the werewolf, just see if Leo was alright... He found him in the woods." Jenny nodded, smiling painfully.

"He was such a horrible listener." She laughed, sniffling as she looked at Bobby. "He just couldn't pass up one more kill."

Bobby brought her head to his, kissing her forehead before standing up. "Rufus is on his way here. We'll give him a burial he deserves." Jenny shook her head.

"No. If he wanted to play Hunter one more time, he'll be sent off like a Hunter."

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Jenny was shaken awake by Dean, hearing loud shuffling as Sam started packing quickly. Jenny squinted, looking back at Dean.

"What's going on?" She yawned, looking at the clock. "Come on, I just fell asleep."

"Sam says we gotta go." Dean spoke quietly, his voice low as he snuck his arm out from under Jenny, shaking it awake. Jenny sat up, now fully alert and grabbed everything she had on the nightstand, shoving it into her duffel bag.

"Couldn't it wait till morning, Sam?" Jenny frowned as he shook his head, slinging his bag over his shoulder. He didn't say anything else, walking out of the motel room.

Jenny pressed her lips together into a fine line, nodding as she zipped up her bag. "Awesome."

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Come on Sam. You're telling us you're dreaming about some random guy in Michigan? I've had random people show up in my dreams all the time. You don't see me throwing myself in the next state." Jenny frowned and Sam shook his head.