Chapter Thirty-Seven

The trio were back in the hospital again

The trio were back in the hospital again. Jenny was biting at her thumb as Sam was staring at Dean in shock, who looked unhappy even as the doctor gave him the great news.

Dean was completely fine.

"According to all your tests there's nothing wrong with your heart. No sign there ever was. Not that a man your age should be having heart trouble, but, still it's strange it does happen." The doctor sighed as Dean hummed, confused.

"What do you mean, strange?" He asked, frowning in confusion.

"Well, just yesterday, a young guy like you, twenty-seven, athletic. Out of nowhere, heart attack."

"Thanks, Doc." The doctor nodded and left, Jenny turning to Dean. "That's odd."

"Maybe it's a coincidence. People's hearts give out all the time, man." Sam mentioned. Dean shook his head, scoffing.

"No, they don't." Jenny and Dean spoke in unison, Sam slapping his hands to his thighs for a moment

"Look, Dean, do we really have to look this one in the mouth? Why can't we just be thankful that the guy saved your life and move on?"

"Really, Sam?" Jenny frowned, arms crossed as Sam gave her a confused look. "Barely a week ago, we were told that Dean had less than a month left. Then a few hours ago, we meet this guy and suddenly he's in tip-too shape. It's just— Something isn't right about it." Jenny shook her head, going back to biting at her thumb. Dean grabbed her wrist, lowering her hand as he turned to his brother.

"Jen is right, Sammy. Something ain't right. I cant— I can't shake this feeling, man."

"What feeling?" Sam scoffed, Dean shrugged.

"When I was healed, I just...I felt wrong. I felt cold. And for a second...I saw someone. This, uh, this old man. And I'm telling you, guys, it was a spirit." Jenny and Sam looked at one another before back at Dean.

"Don't you think Jenny and I would have seen it, too?" Sam asked as Jenny scoffed, shaking her head.

"I get ghost feelings. I'm not a psychic."

"You're just gonna need a little faith on this one. Sam, I've been hunting long enough to trust a feeling like this."

Sam huffed, nodding. "Yeah, alright. So, what do you wanna do?"

"I want you guys to go check out the heart attack guy. I'm gonna visit the reverend."

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧